Moving to Gib in January, need friends :D

Hi guys!

Just wanted to reach out in hopes of meeting some new people. My boyfriend Marko and I (Jelena) are moving to Gib in January. I got a job in the gaming industry and he will come with me and hopefully get some work (he is a condition & strength trainer) after he gets better with his English (we are originally from Croatia). We are both in our late 20s and very sociable so we are looking for some new friends when we get there. Just some people that are into sports, grabbing a pint of beer, dancing etc.
I already lived abroad (NY for 7 years) so I am familiar with being away from home, but Marko hasn't so I am hoping to make this transition as smooth as possible so he doesn't miss home/friends too much.
We are very excited to come as it will be a great opportunity + what we've seen online so far it seems great. Just wanted to reach out in case someone is looking for more people to hang out with :D

Thank you!
Jelena

Hi Jelena,

Congratulations on the new job :)
I and my partner moved here from London at the end of August. Would love to make new friends, so message me when you guys are here and we can go grab a drink!

Speak soon :)

Giulia

Great!!!

Thanks so much! I will definitely send you a msg.
Do you like living in Gib?

Hi there,

If he enjoys sport, the gibraltar gaels is a gaelic football team in gibraltar and the guys are a very social bunch with loads of events happening within the club. You can email secretary@gibraltargaels or pm me.

Gibraltargaels.com is the website.

Seamus

Hi Seamus!

We will check it out. :D Marko currently works as a condition trainer for FC Lokomotiva in Zagreb. Are there any standard soccer clubs or basketball clubs in the Gib?

Yes there are standard soccer clubs here, but i believe they are well into their season. There sre also basketball teams but i dont know much about them. Soccer is the biggest sport here.

As i say if he wants to pop along at amy point, he is more than welcome.

Seamus

Hi!

That's great to hear. I showed him your website, he seemed interested. Only issue he has right now is that he is very basic with english. I am forcing him to speak and learn more, but langauge studying takes time. So if you wouldnt mind someone who is still learning - I am sure he would definitely check it out and learn the game. You might actually end up with a good team member, he is after all super tall - 2m :D He used to play volleyball professionally.

Thanks guys so much for all the info. We will be there in a month and two weeks. I just signed the contract :DDD

Really excited to see the Gib and live there!

Best,
Jelena

If anyone has FB, please add me facebook.com/jelenawolfriver

Ya we have new people all the time, and its a good bunch of guys so dont worry about the language.

If he would like to come, he could send an email to [email protected]. Girlfriend etc get together too so it is a good social thing to do. We had our christmas party on saturday and that was great fun!

Have a good trip over and see ye in January!

Hi, I'm only here for the next few months but would love some people to hang out with. I have two kids so probably no big late nights for me but other activities or just getting together for lunch would be great.

Shambo wrote:

Ya we have new people all the time, and its a good bunch of guys so dont worry about the language.

If he would like to come, he could send an email to [email protected]. Girlfriend etc get together too so it is a good social thing to do. We had our christmas party on saturday and that was great fun!

Have a good trip over and see ye in January!

Great for all the info. Really appreciate it. Marko will get in touch as soon as we get there, we just need to be settled in a bit. We are in the Gib on 19th of January. We are located in the Ocean Village, anyone living there?

imabusybee wrote:

Hi, I'm only here for the next few months but would love some people to hang out with. I have two kids so probably no big late nights for me but other activities or just getting together for lunch would be great.

Hi! I love your username :DDDDD  I don't discriminate against parents :DDD I am definitely just about meeting new people from different walks of life, to be able to get acclimated to the city as soon as possible. :D So I am definitely open for lunches, dinners, shopping, brunches...whatever! :D

Does anyone have Facebook by any chance?