VDR - Change in the location of Malaysian embassy

Greetings........................

I am Indian national got a VDR from employer...
I wanted to know is it  possible to change the location of Malaysian embassy from Chennai, India to country of residence in a already issued VDR letter.
Initially,  I have suggested for embassy in India without knowing the formality of single entry. Presently, I reside in  West Indies (part of North American Continent) and closest Malaysian embassy is located in NEW-YORK.  Is there any such possibility to change to Newyork?
I appreciate your response
Thank you..

UDAY

Why don't you fly to India enroute to Malaysia and collect your VDR?  You will delay and complicated things otherwise. It will also be costly to go to NY and stay for a few days for processing. You may need a visitors visa to go to NY?

Did they ask you to have some kind of medical in order to get your VDR?

If you want to drive in Malaysia, you need to get your Indian licence attested in India and then endorsed in Malaysia afterwards. The info is on the Indian High Commission in Malaysia website.

http://www.indianhighcommission.com.my/ … ense.html#

This may be a reason to go to India anyway as it's better to do it before you leave.

Thank you Gravitas  for the reply. Ya they have asked for medical report for VDR . I have to fly through USA from my current location. I thought it would be convenient to get it done there as I need to stop again in India. Thank you for suggestion and also for information regarding driver's licence.

I think the medical has to be carried out at a named centre that is approved from Malaysia? There may not be one in NY anyway as approved medical centres are connected to countries in the region around Malaysia where recruitment takes place.