Friends in madrid

Hi everybody,

My name is Sophie and I came in Madrid to learn Spanish but I do not speak a word, yet. Therefore, I have some troubles to meeting new people. I am looking for new friends in my situation who would like to go out and enjoy the live in Madrid. I am a 26 years old (French) student; I really enjoy talking while having a drink, good food or dancing, sometimes. So, if you speak French or English and if you are interested to organize something between expats or even just having a drink, I will be glad to share a good time with you! (PS:  Please forgive me for my English; I really need to improve it!).

Sophie.

Welcome to Madrid/ Bienvenue à Madrid :)

Hope that you are enjoying yourself in Madrid! Do you like it?

Cris

Thank you, Cris!

Yes, I‘m really enjoyed being in Madrid. Everything is beautiful, people are kind, food is awesome and there is such a pleasant atmosphere. It is like ... perfect; even the weather is amazing in winter ;).

What about you?

Salut Sophie!

We need to orgnize an informal "expat" get-together. There is another thread on this topic...but nothing concrete. Therefore, I will be brave and propose a time and date.
How about this Wednesday evening...starting around 9pm (21h). Location? Maybe somewhere central like in the Plaza Santa Ana?
I'll post this on the other thread to see who bites...
Hasta luego,
The United Statesian

There is a Chain place called "Meson Cinco Jotas" in Plaza Santa Ana... but I do not know it. Any other suggestions?

Hi,

That is a great idea! It all right for me, I note it: Wednesday, 9 pm at Plaza Santa Ana.  To be true, I do not really know this place but your suggestion seems great. Whatever if it is not nice, we could change later.

Troy, could you give me the link of the other tread, please?

Will someone else go for it? Cristina ?

Hi! I am so glad to see that a meeting is going to take place in Madrid :)

Well unfortunately I cannot join during the week. Hope that we can meet on weekends, too!

Have fun :)

Cris

Hello Sophie! Welcome to Madrid! I suggest you attend some intercambios, an international language exchange, free held in a bar. I recommend MadridBabel madridbabel.es/ Also, I could meet you on the weekends if you'd like to practice your English :)

Hey Expats!

Time for a second get-together for a drink among expats.

Everyone is welcome!

Where? In restaurante Jota. It is near Metro Bilbao, just off of Fuencarral street (20 meters behind Starbucks).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=jota+call … =en&tab=wl

When? Wednesday (2nd March) Starting at 9:30pm ...30 minutes later than last week.

Eat something first or come hungry. The restaurant is having a special "hunting" culinary week with raciones for 6€.

Contact me if you have any doubts.

The United Statesian

Hello Sophie!Welcome to Madrid!!!

My name is Antonio and i have 25 years old.My level English is bad.If you want, i lern you spanish and you lern me english, ok?hehehehe.

I want that we are contact.

Good luck!