Expats event in Madrid

Hi all,

I have moved to Madrid couple of months ago and I was wondering if there was any Expats events in Madrid. Thanks! Cheers, Bruna

Welcome to Expat.com Bruna !

I guess it's time to organize one :)

i would be interested in attending an event of some small caliber.  even just cañas someplace central if there were four or five rsvps.

I would to go for a couple of cañas!

Me too! Is there any event like that?

Why don't you try to organise an Expat Meet up; just start a new thread with a strong title, and post the date & location! I am sure it will be a success ;)

I'll be glad to meet you too!

Sign me up too.

I guess you should convene about a date and a place now ;)

Well, this isn't a fully fledged plan yet but me and a couple of friends have started meeting up on Saturdays, picking a metro station out of a hat, and then picking out a 'mission' (eg find the best thing for free/smallest dog etc) and splitting into teams. The idea is its a good way to explore the city and get together (losing teams buy the drinks after too). Anyone interested?

Hello,

The scavenger hunt sounds like a great idea to get to know your way around the city. But I am not often here on weekends.

How about a Tuesday or Wednesday night somewhere for drinks or tapas...around 8:30 or 9pm.

What day and time is best for others?

Sounds like fun, I'll join too!! Wednesdays are good for me!

Hello,

We need to orgnize an informal "expat" get-together. There is another thread on this topic...but nothing concrete. Therefore, I will be brave and propose a time and date.

How about this Wednesday (23 FEB)evening...starting around 9pm (21h). Location? Maybe somewhere central like in the Plaza Santa Ana? There is a Chain place called "Meson Cinco Jotas" but I do not know it. Any other suggestions?

I'll post this on the other thread to see who bites...
Hasta luego,
The United Statesian

Hello Expats in Madrid!

We got the ball rolling yesterday for a regular "Expat" get together in Madrid.
Next week, Wednesday March 3rd, we plan to meet again. Everyone is welcome! 
Location is TBA...probably in the Bilbao or plaza Olavide area.
Start time 9pm.
Pass this message along to anyone who might be interested in meeting other expats in Madrid.
-Troy (United Statesian)

discussion sticked ;)

Hey Expats!

Time for a second get-together for a drink among expats.

Everyone is welcome!

Where? In restaurante Jota. It is near Metro Bilbao, just off of Fuencarral street (20 meters behind Starbucks).

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=jota+call … =en&tab=wl

When? Wednesday (2nd March) Starting at 9:30pm ...30 minutes later than last week.

Eat something first or come hungry. The restaurant is having a special "hunting" culinary week with raciones for 6€.

Contact me if you have any doubts.

The United Statesian

I work in the evenings at the moment, but not for long so I'll come along once I'm free