Proving Identity After a Name Change

Hi everyone, I did a bit of research on the forum but couldn't find anyone with a case too similar to mine.

So I am American and I married my Brazilian spouse in Brazil several years back. I went through the permanency process and had the visit, had my name published, but never received my RNE or CIE before leaving. We got my husband a green card and both moved  to the US to complete my doctorate. I took his last name after arriving in the US, so now I have a new Passport. We are now looking to move back to Brazil after I graduate.

So my problem is this: our marriage certificate only has my old "maiden" name, and does not specify an intent to take his name. How do I prove that I am the same person that is on the marriage certificate. I know the American consulate produces a form like this but is there a document I can make here in the US before we move? Anyone have any experience with this?

I would contact the Brazilian consulate near you and ask them what the procedure is. Also you husband will probably have to do the process again.

Jim

Thanks for the reply!
I've actually sent this question to the Brazilian consulate in DC and they just pasted the directions for a Viper Visa. I will give it another go, but I've never found communication with them to be very fruitful.

We are actually a good ways out from our move, so my husband should be a naturalized American by then!

An Update: The legal department at the Brazilian consulate told me that since my marriage certificate does not specify a new name after marriage, my only possible legal name in Brazil is my "maiden" name. They also stated that they don't understand how I possibly could have changed my name due to to marriage in the US and have a passport with it....
I've sent a reply with reference to Social Security regulations that allow you to change your name to your spouses as long as you have proof of marriage. Waiting to hear back.