Planning to immigrate to Brazil.. is this country is safe

we are planning to immigrate to Brazil.
hence wanted to know whether Brazil is safe country to reside with family.

is it easier to get jobs there. or to open a business or buy a property.

how is the education in brazil. do they teach english there.

are there high crime in brazil

Hi there
1) Its as safe in Brazil, as it is in the USA,
2) theres no real work in Brazil, at the moment , and even "less" work if you dont speak, Portuguese
3) Not meany people speak English, in Brazil
4) Quite alot of schools teach english

Well put Pete!  A brief yet accurate description of the current situation in Brazil :)

i see from the BBC News' there's been a shooting in the USA."And" 9 people are dead  today.
I think they breed a better class of nutter in the USA

spanishpete wrote:

Hi there
1) Its as safe in Brazil, as it is in the USA,
2) theres no real work in Brazil, at the moment , and even "less" work if you dont speak, Portuguese
3) Not meany people speak English, in Brazil
4) Quite alot of schools teach english

Depending on where you are and what you're doing, I'd say it's safer here in Brazil.

Christian Taliban in the US.

It's as Safe as One makes it, I live in the 22nd Deadliest City in the World. I'm okay at 61 years of Age I stay away from BS, do your research on where you choose to live and the World is a Whole Different Place no matter where you live. Just research the area you want to live in. I knew Where I was moving and I was not "Scuuurrred". Brazil last count had about 21 of the Deadliest Cities in the World out of 50 Cities. I'm okay just a truthful rant.

That's what I've been saying for years Alascana. I've got people I know in the US that say they can't believe I moved to Brazil and they would never do it because they wouldn't feel safe because they can't carry their guns wherever they go here. "I'm not scuuurred, I've got my guns!" 

Yes. You are scared. You're terrified to leave the house because you think some bad guy is going to try and kill you. Sorry. Not me. I know one guy who has made his house a fortress and still walks around with two guns on his hip, has one lying on the coffee table next to the couch, has another under his mattress, another under his pillow, and still another on the night stand next to his bed. All loaded. All basically left in the open. And he has grandkids in the house. "I have all those guns where I have them because I have grandkids!"  LOL. You have them because you're terrified of your own shadow.

Mike, true story. I had my guns in the AK and only used them for target practice, life is chance crossing the street in Brazil/lol. They need to worry about Road Rage!

I had mine too. But I used my crossbow more than all my other guns combined. Killed tons of lemons and oranges with it. lol.  Never felt the need to carry any of my weapons out on the streets though and even kept some of my weapons at the range instead of at home. In fact, the only weapon I kept at home was the crossbow. My purely hunting rifles are in my cousin's safe in New Mexico. I lived in California.  Oh, I also kept my paintball guns at home, too.

At 61 you "Young whippersnapper"

I come from a country, where there's no guns, "well" not for the peoples hands
Ive never "needed them", and dont need them here
And belive,,,,,,when it's your time,, it,s your time!!!!!!!!!!!,,, but if its your time  "go out fighting"
After meany years of Racing motor bikes,,, i need the Fear Factor and thats one of the reason's Im here

I am in Florianopolis and so far so good. Brazil can be tough but that's mostly in other cities or areas which are not kinder to foreigners especially. My city sees a lot of tourists so it is a lot safer. Education is ok. I am personally a very stern kind of educator so I do not like the slack that the usual people have , in areas of education , but that said, it is not that bad either. In terms of investment and property, you may find a few good deals but you definitely need a local to help you out. The main problem will be the language barrier. But, well, we landed here without knowing a single word of Portuguese but hey now in a few years blend in pretty well , so I guess it is not that hard. Don"t worry. If you need help, ask :)

spanishpete wrote:

At 61 you "Young whippersnapper"

Working on 62 and loving everyday!lol. We got one Rowdy "AH" on our  street and the people tolerate the alcoholic and drug abuser for his ability for odd jobs and being the electric gato/cat "AH" for his talent for cheap labor. Personally I had my run in with the idiot and he takes a wide stance as well as I, I told him to take a walk on the Wildside and a few other expletives. He has his little drug group and I avoid them to,and I like Spanishpete accept the Fear Factor and old people  (mature people fight durty,durty)
I have no boundries when it comes to protecting family,self,property and all I can say is they won't be able to stitch or repair the other person easily. I walk with the target in Belem and I ain't into target practice (read between the lines/lol). All I can say is I watch everything from switching my walk to times I choose to leave my home. I have no pattern other than beer and a good libation daily.
I think I may start carrying a Lock in a Sock( watched to many movies (lol), it's pretty hard to hide the glass liter coke bottle, it makes a bulge in my front pocket (lol).
I treat Brazil like a boxing match, when the referee gives the rules of the match, my main rule is when the referee says "Gentleman/Ladies (women box to) Protect Yourself At All Times" it's a bunch of "Rabbit Punchers and Ear Biters out there! That's my Rant and I'm sticking to it!
Just a little comic relief.

I walk around with purpose and attention to my surroundings. When listening to music I don't have it loud enough to drown out any ambient sounds. Did that back in the states as well. If you show yourself to not be an easy mark and let the "bad guys" know you see them, they keep going and look for the easy mark. I even stop and turn around and look at people on the street to tell them "I see you. Even behind me. I'm not a pushover. Keep moving."