Sponsering a daughter-in-law

To help daughter in law obtain her visa, we have offered accommodation with us when she, and son, arrive in UK.  It seems we have to prove we own the house (land registry form) along with info of house (estate agents details) and ownership.  Is this other peoples experience?  the country in question is Argentina.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Rosieglow wrote:

To help daughter in law obtain her visa, we have offered accommodation with us when she, and son, arrive in UK.  It seems we have to prove we own the house (land registry form) along with info of house (estate agents details) and ownership.  Is this other peoples experience?  the country in question is Argentina.  Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Who has requested this the Home Office? Did you have to fill out an application form?

Like this one? https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/s … p-form.pdf

Our son is in Argentina, where he is helping his wife put together her visa application to move to U.K. It is on the list given to him as helpful documents that will ease the application. So I guess it goes to Argentina first, but I'm not sure how these things work. I hadn't thought of the Home Office even being involved, but it does make sense.

I remember your first post on the matter here. Things have not changed since then. I have in fact an English friend contemplating on leaving the UK because his wife is Russian and the fees for the visa and amount of paperwork is just too much.