HEALTH CERTIFICATE FOR A CARPENTER JOB?

hello there,

my boyfriend applied for a job as a carpenter and he's been asked to provide a Health certificate before he can have an interview. I have been researching online and haven't found anything. We've been in Malta for 15 days so we are a bit lost about this. Can anyone help?

Hi Malta1983

Your boyfriend can obtain one by going to any doctor, even in Pharmacies. The doctor will issue the Certificate straight away. Charges are from €10, some doctors charge a little more

malta1983 wrote:

hello there,

my boyfriend applied for a job as a carpenter and he's been asked to provide a Health certificate before he can have an interview. I have been researching online and haven't found anything. We've been in Malta for 15 days so we are a bit lost about this. Can anyone help?

@malta1983

Given that there is no evidence to suggest that an identical requirement applies to Maltese national candidates for the job, don't waste your time procuring a health certificate unless and until your boyfriend's prospective employers offer him employment terms and conditions that are acceptable to him.

Yes, that's exactly what we thought when we couldn't find it as a requirement for everyone in any website. My boyfriend asked for information about it directly to the employer that requested the health certificate and he never got an answer back. It turned out it wasn't maybe a serious employer...thanks!