Travelling to Brazil

Good Morning Sir,

I am Syrian citizen and married to Brazilian aboard in Syria and i am planning to go to Brazil to live there, we have registered our marriage in embassy of Brazil and not yet registered in Brazil so i have two question, the first is can i apply for my residence visa before register our marriage in Brazil and the second question is can i go alone without my wife for the first time to Brazil, as my wife will follow me later.

Appreciate your help.

Best regards

It is of my opinion to come to Brazil together it will make things easier. It is a lot of work if you do not speak portugese fluently. I have not encountered to many problems other than a lot of time of traveling from one office to another. I recommend you bring your wife.

Many thanks for reply but one more thing to know, can i apply for my residence visa at the Brazilian embassy before register the marriage certificate in Brazil, and then we will register it upon arrival there.

best regards

You have  to  do  it in  embassy  to get Viper,  and then  have  too go to  Federal Police within  30  days of arrival.  With  tge right  documents  and fees  will  be a lot  od duplicates

Alascana is correct. It will be much easier to do everything with your wife. You can apply for the viper at the brazian consulate in your country or in Brazil.  If you have a visa to get you to Brazil I would suggest doing it there 

Jim

Thanks for you all, great info i will get Viper at the consulate then fly to Brazil to complete every think there.

Dear sir, 
Good day after long time, viper is obtained already and I plan to fly to Brazil shortly to get residence first then to apply for Brazilian citizenship therefore would you please advise how many years shall I stay there in order to getting Brazilian citizenship.
Appreciate your help.
Best regards,
Ossamah

As the spouse of a Brazilian citizen, you may apply for naturalization after living in Brazil one year from the date that your National Migratory Registration Card ("Carteira de Registro Nacional Migratório, CRNM) is issued. 
Your CRNM is your identity card.  Currently, it will be issued one to two months after your application for it is accepted by the Federal Police.  So, the earliest you can apply for citizenship will be 13-14 months after your arrival, but you can apply anytime after you've had your CRNM for at least a year.

Many thanks for your help, really appreciated