Residence permit - Proof of social security

Hello,

My name is Douglas and I am a Brazilian citizen living in Romania.
Currently I am a student (I've got a student's residence permit since last year) and I've got a job here as well.
On last month I married here in Romania, my wife is a Romanian citizen.
Thus, now I am preparing all the documents to apply for the "Residence permit as a family member of a Romanian citizen", however there is one item in the required documents list that I don't know how to get it.
The document is the "Proof of social security" (dovada asigurarii sociale).
I tried to search on this forum some accurate information about it, but I've not succeed on it.

My question is: where exactly should I look for this proof?

I already have a private medical insurance which I used to apply for the student's residence permit (which is valid for 1 year and they accepted in that time, it is from Groupama and I've got this in Romania), I was wondering if I could use the same proof/document for this family member's residence permit application?
Or should I request this at CNAS (Casa Naţională de Asigurări de Sănătate)?

Could someone who knows or who has already applied for this sort of residence permit gives me some information about it and how I should proceed, please?
I would appreciate a lot and be really grateful!

Thanks in advance!  :)

Douglas

Helo Douglas,
If you want to get the proof of social security,I thought that you have to go to CNAS in Bucharest belong to your resident address in your resident permit which sector 1 or 6. Before you have to go to CNAS, you must go to ANAF to get some paper to proof the social insurace that you paid monthly during study and and also your job company paid monthly your insurance.After that you bring the proof paper from ANAF to show to CNAS. Then they will release proof paper of social security. This proof paper must bring to the immigration in Bucharest.

Dear mizisamad,

Hello!

Thank you very much for this information.
Did you apply for this resident permit too?

Could you tell me if is there any fee to pay at ANAF or at CNAS, and if so, how much is it?

Thank you again.  :)

Douglas

mizisamad wrote:

Helo Douglas,
If you want to get the proof of social security,I thought that you have to go to CNAS in Bucharest belong to your resident address in your resident permit which sector 1 or 6. Before you have to go to CNAS, you must go to ANAF to get some paper to proof the social insurace that you paid monthly during study and and also your job company paid monthly your insurance.After that you bring the proof paper from ANAF to show to CNAS. Then they will release proof paper of social security. This proof paper must bring to the immigration in Bucharest.

If his employer paid his contributions to CNAS, they should be able to provide an 'adeverinta de asigurare'.  If so, he can bypass ANAF and a trip to CNAS.

Douglas, ask your company HR person about giving you this!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Helo Douglas,

A long time ago that I had applied permit.It is very difficult here because I was struggling to live here with salary is very cheap but romania country is really nice and the romanian people are very talented for example Simona Halep who is the world's top ten best tennis player. You have to follow from the advice from expert team expat.com, Mr.Romaniac.

romaniac wrote:
mizisamad wrote:

Helo Douglas,

If his employer paid his contributions to CNAS, they should be able to provide an 'adeverinta de asigurare'.  If so, he can bypass ANAF and a trip to CNAS.

Douglas, ask your company HR person about giving you this!

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Hello Romaniac,

Thank you so much for this valuable info!  :)
Right now I will ask them if they can provide me this document!

Have a great day.

Douglas

mizisamad wrote:

Helo Douglas,

A long time ago that I had applied permit.It is very difficult here because I was struggling to live here with salary is very cheap but romania country is really nice and the romanian people are very talented for example Simona Halep who is the world's top ten best tennis player. You have to follow from the advice from expert team expat.com, Mr.Romaniac.

Hello mizisamad,

That is true, especially the bureaucracy is a big challenge for all people who decide to live in a new land, wherever it is. We always have to be persistent and keep on fighting !  :)

Thank you for your replies !

Douglas

Hi,

I hope you can guide me. I am a Filipino and I am marrying my Bulgarian fiance soon. He is living here in Romania. I want to ask about the requirement of proof of social health insurance that needs to be presented when I apply for a Romanian Residence permit. I am here in Romanja only for 90day visit. I am not quite clear about whose health insurance should be presented. Do i have to get a private health insurance? Thanks hope you can help me asap.

Regards,

Sarah

Hopefully someone can provide more up-to-date info, but in the pre-EU days, when I applied for residency, I went to a insurance company and paid for private health insurance for the period of residence (I was applying for a two-year permit).

sarah0330 wrote:

Hi,

I hope you can guide me. I am a Filipino and I am marrying my Bulgarian fiance soon. He is living here in Romania. I want to ask about the requirement of proof of social health insurance that needs to be presented when I apply for a Romanian Residence permit. I am here in Romanja only for 90day visit. I am not quite clear about whose health insurance should be presented. Do i have to get a private health insurance? Thanks hope you can help me asap.

Regards,

Sarah

I've replied to your PM about this.  In the future, please avoid PM'ing me if you have already posted to the forum.  I can see it here and answer publicly, which benefits more people :)

No you do not need to purchase private health insurance.  YOU must present proof of insurance.  However, once you are married and if your fiance is working in Romania, he can add you as being co-insured with him, or you can pay for your own insurance at CNAS, which is much less expensive.  Hope this helps answer your question.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thanks for the reply Maykal..appreciate it a lot. I have sent a message to Romaniac and he is such a big help. Thanks though..  :)

Regards,

Sarah

No you do not need to purchase private health insurance.  YOU must present proof of insurance.  However, once you are married and if your fiance is working in Romania, he can add you as being co-insured with him, or you can pay for your own insurance at CNAS, which is much less expensive.  Hope this helps answer your question.

Excuse me, I would like to ask you Romaniac a little more on this quote :) hope you read and make sense to me. Thank in advance.
I see my fiance has a CNAS card, he does not work in Romania (now he's still working in UK till October 2018), and he is going to come back Romania and find a new job (same time when I come there to get married with him by 90 days visa) and then we want to live in Romania by family reunion visa. So what can he do with his CNAS card to support for my proof of insurance for our future Family reunion? (Im Vietnamese)
Please let me know a little :) thank you so much!