Birth Certificate

Good day!
I just want to ask especially for the Filipino member here who had an experience of marrying with the romanian citizen, because i have read that one of the required documents of marriage is the original birth certificate. My question is, do they accept the birth certificate issued by the Philippine Statistics Authority?
Thank you!

Yes, that is the one they need.. the copy from PSA as well as the certificate of no marriage (CENOMAR) but you also need to bring them to DFA to be authenticated (red ribbon), then have them stamped by the romanian embassy in Makati, then, superlegalized in Bucharest and translated to romanian language.

Thank you so much for these information.
But what  are the requirements that you presented at the DFA for the authentification?

And also, did you still presented your original birth certificate or no need?
Thank you!

You just bring them your birth cert certificate and CENOMAR from PSA and ask them to authenticate them. You will pay some fee per document. No need for the original as the one you will be getting from PSA is the copy of the original.

This means no need for other requirements like NBI clearance to be presented when you want your documents to be authenticated??

No need for other documents when you would like to have your documents authenticated.

Ohh, i see! Thank you very much for the informations. It really helps me a lot.

Hello,

I have a question about legal capacity. I am a Filipino. We are planning to get married in Romania with my Romanian bf. Is the legal capacity needed to get married in Romania? I know there is no Philippine embassy in Romania. How shall i go about this? Please i need your advise.

Thank you so much!

The legal capacity normally is acquired from the Philippine embassy but since Romania does not have a Philippine embassy there, all you have to do is obtain a DECLARATION from any notary public in Romania stating that you are not married in the Philippines and that you are unable to obtain it directly from the embassy because there is no Philippine embassy in Romania.

Hello mam,

Thank you for responding! I also received your message.

Theyre very helpful..

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Please post only in english on the anglophone forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hi @mimidreyes. I am currently in Abu dhabi i have all my documents reAdy.(birth cert and CENOMAR)red ribbon..do you mean i still  have to bring these documents in romanian consulate here to get a stamp?

Hi, it is imperative that you have your legal documents stamped by the Romanian embassy in the Philippines so you can use them as soon as you reach Romania. You cannot do it in the Romanian embassy in the UAE as they have no jurisdiction over this Philippine issued document. As you are currently in Abu Dhabi, you  can either:
1. secure SPA (special power of attorney) from the Philippines Embassy in Abu Dhabi and appoint a person who will request a new PSA certified birth certificate and CENOMAR. This will cost you around 100 AED. I am not sure if Aramex still offers 75 AED courier fee for sending legal documents to Philippines. After getting the documents from PSA, the appointee can go to the embassy of Romania in Makati to have it stamped.
2. You may also courier your documents-on-hand back to Philippines along with an authorization letter appointing a person to bring your documents to Romanian embassy.  Should be around 250 AED or so.  Please be mindful of the validity of these documents. It may not be generally the case but I was required that my documents be issued within the last 3 months here. Some acquaintances I know were able to process it with their documents issued within the last 6 months. So have your fiancee verify this in their primaria (city hall).
3. For a hassle free service, you may also have it done by DFA Authentification Express. You may pay slightly higher than the regular processing fee but they'll have it done for you. Total fees including sending the document to you should be around 700 AED. Just submit a request at http://www.authenticationexpress.com/ and someone should get in touch with you about further requirements.

Hope this helps. Best of luck!

Yes and when you are here, you need to go to Bucharest to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs to have your documents superlegalized.

Hi..thank you all for informations.such a great help. Procedure here is quife complicated and you nedd to spend a lot in order for the papers to get done. 😊