CNP renew procedure

Hello, been living in Romania for 5 years now and the time has come to renew my CNP. Unfortunately i have no clue on how, where and what, as last time i got help from my ex-employer who handled most of the things. I live in Universitate. Any one can shine a light on my issue and tell me a bit more please?  :D

A CNP is for life, you don't need to renew it!  :)

What I think you're referring to is the certificate of registration (that piece of paper which you got from the Autoritate pentru Straini which had a CNP on it). You have to renew this certificate every five years, but your CNP will remain the same.

To renew it, got to the Autoritatea pentru Straini for EU citizens, drop off the forms (Mon-Thu, mornings), have your pic taken, and pic up the new certificate in the afternoon or the next day. You'll need, based on your being employed, and according to http://igi.mai.gov.ro/detalii/pagina/en … identei/63):

a) The form, filled in.
b) Identity card or passport, original and a copy.
c) Your work contract, original and a copy.
d) A printscreen from the general register of employment contracts, signed and stamped by an official.
e) The necessary fees.

Their offices are at: Adresa: str. Nicolae Iorga, nr. 23, sector 1, Bucuresti
Fax 021-212 80 07

Hi Maykal,

Thank you for the clear explanation   :top: now i know what to do!

Ps. You are correct.. not the CNP,  but the little piece of paper indeed  ;)

You're welcome and good luck! I've renewed it twice and both times it was all pretty easy to do.

If you've been here for more than five years, you can apply for a certificate of permanent residence. To be honest, I haven't been able to ascertain exactly what the difference is between this and the 5-year registration certificate except that it is valid for 10 years so saves you a bit of bureaucratic work (which in itself is probably worth it). The application procedure doesn't appear to be an more complicated. My second registration certificate expires next year so I'll probably go for the permanent residency, especially in light of the almighty f--k-up that is Brexit.

Hello,

I am having the same problem but the site is renewed and i cant find any information about the procedure anymore...

Can somebody help me ho to renew the certificate?

Dennis

denizle10 wrote:

Hello,

I am having the same problem but the site is renewed and i cant find any information about the procedure anymore...

Can somebody help me ho to renew the certificate?

Dennis

Welcome,

Did you read Maykal's post above, he gave pretty complete information.

Hello,

yes i found this http://igi.mai.gov.ro/en/content/citizens-eu-eea after seeking for a long time on the site:)

I guess this is what i need ....

I read somewhere that when renewing you don't need
d) A printscreen from the general register of employment contracts, signed and stamped by an official.

http://igi.mai.gov.ro/ro/content/permis … r%C4%83-ue

Hello ,
Does anybody knows how much are the fees ? 120 euros or 259 RON ?
Thank you