Moving from SINGAPORE to Canada

Hi ,

Good day there .i am an Indian 30 yrs old and software development lead having 8 years of experience  working in SINGAPORE . I have a Daughter who is 3 years and Husband working in IT as well . Planning to move from SINGAPORE to Canada since it's quite difficult to get a PR here .

Currently I am planning for moving to Toronto .  Would like to know which is the best way to apply for for PR and is Toronto the best city to live and work ?

Thanks in advance .

Well if you know French, try Montreal. Its much nicer than Toronto. Unlike Singapore, Toronto is abit of a chaos. Now, granted its developed and a nice place somewhat, but when you have to commute to work everyday, it gets to  you. Then you also have to decide where you live based upon which school you want your child to go to. You only get to go to shcool based upon the zone you live in. And schools are rated as well.

Ottawa would be a nice place to live. If you GTA, try the surrounding region like Waterloo-Kitchener. If you can find jobs in Burlington, its nicer smaller town. But if there's no other choice, then yes, Toronto it is. If  you do not mind smaller cities and further away, places like Moncton, in New Brunswick or Halifax in Nova Scotia comes into mind. Then there's also Winnipeg. Good thing about those places is that there's lots of IT positions too as the provinces makes a good deal for companies to set up shop there e.g. tax breaks etc. But then, alot ppl don't want to go there (so you won't have competition) simply because its not your usual Toronto or Montreal.

Thanks Phili for the detailed responses  and your time . Will do consider your valuable inputs .
Thanks a ton !

Hi Rosy,

I am an Indian living here in Singapore and in Export Industry. I am also looking at migrating to canada. are you using any agent, can you share info regarding the same.
tks

Ameen

Hi Ameen,

I am not going through agent. I am looking for internal transfer through my company or any sponsor who can grant me work permit.
if nothing works I am on preparation for IELTS will go through express entry.

As of now these are the possible options I can think of .

Hi Rosy,

I am from Singapore as well. Also planning to move to Canada. Right now, I am in the process of reading through forums, blogs, websites, etc on the requirements for PR application. I have done my IELTS and my result should be able to accept by Express Entry. However, if you are singapore graduate, you will need to do ECA (Education Credential Assessment). I have submitted my application and waiting for the result.

If you can get internal transfer or job offer from Canadian employer, that would be the best option.

Hi

Ethan_han i just started preparing for IELTS planning to take the test by the end of August . Yes I am also trying my luck in internal transfer .

Thanks

Hi Rosy I am frim I dia as well. Yes, getting PR in Canada is most easiest in the world. Fast... law keeps on changing. If you move Canada Toronto is right destiny. The three major cities Vancouver is too expensive and less job, Montrel ..here you need to speak Franch to be able to survive. Toronoto is very much diverse, multi ethnic, very big city and so the best for new immigrants. Jobs are many and its is less expensive than city like Vancouver.

georgehaokip wrote:

Hi Rosy I am frim I dia as well. Yes, getting PR in Canada is most easiest in the world. Fast... law keeps on changing. If you move Canada Toronto is right destiny. The three major cities Vancouver is too expensive and less job, Montrel ..here you need to speak Franch to be able to survive. Toronoto is very much diverse, multi ethnic, very big city and so the best for new immigrants. Jobs are many and its is less expensive than city like Vancouver.

It depends on what one considers expensive. Toronto not altogether any better as rental prices and home prices are on the rise FYI. Yes, home prices in Vancouver are astronomically crazy but if you're not in the market to purchase one, then I would say consider the options. Vancouver though touts closer proximity to Asia and therefore has lower airfare cost. It is also has a great balance of outdoorsy than Toronto. Food prices are slightly cheaper than Toronto. Yes, jobs are lesser but definitely not as bad as smaller cities.

Hi Rosy,

Did you managed to get PR for Canada ?

Please share your experience and also how you find living in Canada ??

Thanks in advance

Regards
Q.

Hi Rosy
I'm not an expat but have lived here in Oakville for 25 years. Better to live in the suburbs then the busy Toronto. The GO Transit on the Lakshore line runs every 30 mins. Better still if u can find a job here in the west end