Muslim in India

Hi everyone

I'm a french student and as part of an exchange program I will study at Delhi during one year. I'm really excited to start this new adventure but my family is worried about the fact that as I'm muslim I might face discrimination or violence from the Indians and now I'm a litlle bit stressed.

Do you think I'll be ok ? Should I hide that I'm muslim ?

Thanks for your help

You don't need to hide your identity.... No one going to harm you because you are muslim.. It's India all religion people are living together and happily... Your fear is unnecessary :)

India is a safe place for Muslims. I have great confidence on the Indian government as they have made Muslims to follow their religion and even we can also see that there is very less discrimination against Muslims. We all need each other to improve this nation, regardless of religion, caste, gender etc. Muslims are very peaceful in India and are proud to stay here. We have the most moderate and the most patriotic Muslims. It is very rare to see an Indian Muslim joining a terrorist group.

India is one of the safest countries for Muslims in the world.

Are you French or Algerian?

Thanks for your answers :)

Nash I'm French and Algerian

There is no reason to hide being a Muslim. All Indians are brothers and sisters no matter what the religion. There might be a greater majority of Hindus but they don't treat Muslims any different. Please don't be afraid.

Not at all my friend. Take it from a Hindu girl who has muslim blood in the family too. Muslims are not in minority and definitely not ill treated. Am a pure hindu girl  but my god mother is muslim and so are my couple of cousins. So be rest assured that you wont be left out. There are many many muslims in India and till today i have never seen any case of discrimination inspite of being authentic hindu and staying in muslim locality. I had best friends who were muslim and they never discriminated in caste.

Hi. You should not worry about this stupid discrimination, you will be safe and sound in India dear. I found out many Muslim communities in Delhi and Mumbai, you should be proud of a Muslim though. If some body ask me what I am impressed by Muslim, I would say their foods. Really beautiful and delicious, I felt in love with Muslim ones and tried it all the time when I was in India.