*hot*hot*hot* Indian food

Is there any Indian food that won't burn my mouth out?  If ordered 'mild' in a restaurant, is it *really* mild (or just mild for an Indian? lol).

@ Alliecat inform the chef before you order whether you want mild or storm spicy as per your order it will b served

Wilson, I used to know how to say 'no chilies' in Chinese and it came in very handy there!

How to say 'no chilies' in Hindi?  Type it out phonetically, please?  I need to practice :D

mirchi nahi chaiye ( don't want chilies), or toda spice kam rakna(keep it little)

Alliecat wrote:

Wilson, I used to know how to say 'no chilies' in Chinese and it came in very handy there!

How to say 'no chilies' in Hini?  Type it out phonetically, please?  I need to practice :D

wilson_derry wrote:

mirchi nahi chaiye ( don't want chilies), or toda spice kam rakna(keep it little)

Alliecat wrote:

How to say 'no chilies' in Hini?  Type it out phonetically, please?  I need to practice :D

@ Wilson - At delhi they wont understand such decent language, Some cuss words needs to be added to make it more SPICY !!:P

saimans wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Alliecat wrote:

@ Wilson - At delhi they wont understand such decent language, Some cuss words needs to be added to make it more SPICY !!:P

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .. I can't handle hot food.  Really.  I have some Indian friends here in Riyadh and a few of us were invited to their home for dinner and the wife, who knows I don't eat *hot*, assured me that mine wasn't hot.  Guess what?  Maybe not hot for an Indian LOL  but very hot for me.  I ate as much as I could to be polite .. along with several glasses of water ;)

Alliecat wrote:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .. I can't handle hot food.  Really.  I have some Indian friends here in Riyadh and a few of us were invited to their home for dinner and the wife, who knows I don't eat *hot*, assured me that mine wasn't hot.  Guess what?  Maybe not hot for an Indian LOL  but very hot for me.  I ate as much as I could to be polite .. along with several glasses of water ;)

It seems this is the good time (India Trip) to develop your taste buds !!:P

BTW, Five star hotels would serve you with bland food....:lol:

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

It seems this is the good time (India Trip) to develop your taste buds !!:P

BTW, Five star hotels would serve you with bland food....:lol:

Actually,I think this India trip will be a good weight loss plan :lol:  and trust me, I won't be staying at five star hotels!

Alliecat wrote:

Actually,I think this India trip will be a good weight loss plan :lol:  and trust me, I won't be staying at five star hotels!

Blessing in Disguise..... BTW, I didn't mentioned for staying at 5 star, I said for having food !! :D

Hell, I can't even afford 5* for a meal!  It's crazy here in Riyadh.. went to the 4 Seasons and had a hamburger that cost me $40 !  That's just insaneeeeeeeeeeee... but it's easy to get a distorted sense of money here because you can just be SO desperate to *do* something that you'll pay anything.  It's how the embassies get away with charging so much for any little thing they offer.

Alliecat wrote:

Hell, I can't even afford 5* for a meal!  It's crazy here in Riyadh.. went to the 4 Seasons and had a hamburger that cost me $40 !  That's just insaneeeeeeeeeeee... but it's easy to get a distorted sense of money here because you can just be SO desperate to *do* something that you'll pay anything.  It's how the embassies get away with charging so much for any little thing they offer.

A good meal for a single person at five star in India would set you back by 50-60$ only. C'mon obviously exclusive of drinks !!:P

As a thumb rule in general the cost is 1/3 to 1/4th as compared to KSA for almost everything except the fuel cost which is 20 times !! :)

saimans wrote:

As a thumb rule in general the cost is 1/3 to 1/4th as compared to KSA for almost everything except the fuel cost which is 20 times !! :)

REALLY?  whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!  oops. But  there goes my  diet plan LOL

Hey, is seafood popular?  Ever notice that *here* we can only really get hamour?  At home, I love to eat crab cakes.. I love shrimp scampi .. etc. etc. (I'll stop here--I'm making myself hungry :lol:).

answer the above about seafood, please ;)

come to Mumbai and taste Indian hamburger voda pav.it is too spicy :lol: and just need to pay 50 cent

Alliecat wrote:

Alliecat wrote:

You will get the seafood but I don't know the areas where you can get the best one. Try to look for if there is a Chain of Mahesh Lunch Home, They are among the best sea food chain in india. But dunno if it is in delhi !!

May be delhi guys can put some more light on this !!:)

Mahesh Lunch in mumbai lol

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

You will get the seafood but I don't know the areas where you can get the best one. Try to look for if there is a Chain of Mahesh Lunch Home, They are among the best sea food chain in india. But dunno if it is in delhi !!

May be delhi guys can put some more light on this !!:)

wilson_derry wrote:

come to Mumbai and taste Indian hamburger voda pav.it is too spicy :lol: and just need to pay 50 cent

Wow, you made me think of something.  I know you guys don't eat beef so what is an Indian 'hamburger' made of??

The 'no beef' thing isn't a biggie for me.  I pretty much gave up lamb and beef living in KSA.  And of course there is no pork here.  So at this point, I've eaten so much chicken I probably have a few feathers sprouting somewhere and can lay eggs! :D

Alliecat wrote:

Wow, you made me think of something.  I know you guys don't eat beef so what is an Indian 'hamburger' made of??I probably have a few feathers sprouting somewhere and can lay eggs! :D

Indian (Ham)burger is made of any damn non-veg thins except beef.... Chicken, mutton, fish !! :)

BTW, at KSA heat you can hatch them too !! :P

SEE Meow, she like spicy omg so big bowl of Indian non veg curry and here she is avoiding she don't like. common :P
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EofUIYUCeFU/SpZhvZADJEI/AAAAAAAABsA/Wb86hk3rhd0/s400/india+035a.jpg

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

Wow, you made me think of something.  I know you guys don't eat beef so what is an Indian 'hamburger' made of??

The 'no beef' thing isn't a biggie for me.  I pretty much gave up lamb and beef living in KSA.  And of course there is no pork here.  So at this point, I've eaten so much chicken I probably have a few feathers sprouting somewhere and can lay eggs! :D

wilson_derry wrote:

SEE Meow, she like spicy omg so big bowl of Indian non veg curry and here she is avoiding she don't like. common :P
[img align=c]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EofUIYUCeFU/SpZhvZADJEI/AAAAAAAABsA/Wb86hk3rhd0/s400/india+035a.jpg[/url]

:lol: Its so SPICY !!

I like spicy MEN, not spicy food ;)

Alliecat wrote:

Wilson you are dead, She Likes SPICY Men !! :lol:

im already dead :lol: come to my competency buffet spicy non- veg food with spicy man. buy food get one Indian spicy man free :lol:

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

wilson_derry wrote:

im already dead :lol: come to my competency buffet spicy non- veg food with spicy man. buy food get one Indian spicy man free :lol:

saimans wrote:
Alliecat wrote:

What's the address?!?  :top:

Check Your PM ;)

Alliecat wrote:
wilson_derry wrote:

saimans wrote:

What's the address?!?  :top:

when i was in india i asked the 'tour guide' i was with what kids in india ate cuz everything is spicy!! ;) but i found out 'biriyani' isnt spicy, maybe you can order that next time in a restaurant :) its just rice with meats n veggies in case you havent had it

HPG wrote:

when i was in india i asked the 'tour guide' i was with what kids in india ate cuz everything is spicy!! ;) but i found out 'biriyani' isnt spicy, maybe you can order that next time in a restaurant :) its just rice with meats n veggies in case you havent had it

Seems you haven't tasted the REAL Biryani !! :)

haha really?
i ordered it a few times and it was never spicy. i had it in hyderabad. :)
i must have missed out on the good biriyani because i love spicy food! :D

HPG wrote:

haha really?
i ordered it a few times and it was never spicy. i had it in hyderabad. :)

What I'm reading can't be true !! :rolleyes:

Hyderabad Biryani and not SPICY, really difficult to believe. BTW, hyderabadi biryani is the most delicious/spicy/tasty food in the whole of Hyderabd. Just thinking of it made my mouth to water !!:D

i dunno, i ordered chicken biryani and veggie biryani and not spicy at all...maybe they made it non spicy cuz im american? no idea. but when i asked my tour guide 'what do kids eat in india' he said "i dont know, biryani" but anyway, i miss india's food :(

HPG wrote:

i miss india's food :(

Even I'm Missing too !! :(

HPG wrote:

Good to know you like Spicy Indian food, Unlike some Americans !!! :D

Spice- Taste of India :) yummy :P

wilson_derry wrote:

:one

wilson_derry wrote:

:top:

HPG wrote:

Hey thanks! I've had that here in Riyadh--didn't realize it was Indian (because it didn't burn my mouth out! lol).

saimans wrote:

Unlike some Americans !!! :D

:dumbom:

Alliecat wrote:
saimans wrote:

Unlike some Americans !!! :D

:dumbom:

The easiest way to escape from the situation !! :)

Alliecat wrote:

Hey thanks! I've had that here in Riyadh--didn't realize it was Indian (because it didn't burn my mouth out! lol).

:) no prob!

Allie: I had the same issue when I went to India , and whenever I ordered mild it was still too spicy for me.

Then I started saying "No spices no chilli" and that sort of worked in a majority of cases. If you just say mild then the cook will make it mild according to his own taste but if you specify no chilli then he will not add chilli.