How to make friends in Geneva

We have been talking about loneliness when you are abroad, let's now talk about how to make friends (locals or expatriates) when you're living in Geneva :top:

Which are your best tips to meet people and to make friends in Geneva??

Thanks in advance for your participation

Hello

My nam is Jacquie, I'm coming to Geneva next month, I need to meet nice people, make new friends, this will be my first time in Geneva, I'll be there for three months.

Please help me

if you want to meet the new faces of geneva, also looking to meet new people and make new friends, you will find this interesting...

A good tip is also to learn french and let people know about it. As a native I'm always more friendly when I meet somebody trying to learn my own language.

hi looking for friends

Hello aurelliss and welcome to Expat.com!

A longer introduction may help. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

I'll go to Geneva next Friday. I would like to meet people who are living there.

Kisses from the sunny Spain,

Antonio

Hi- i am Spanish but lived in the US (los angeles) for 26 years, then moved to London 4 years ago.  I'll be moving to Geneva in Julyfor 8 months on a work assignment and am intersted in hearing about experiences and tips from other expats there.

I need friends in geneva.

Hello genevedate.

Would you mind introducing yourself?

Thanks

Karen :)

Im a pretty lady from Africa.  Hoping to visit geneva in september for just one week. 

I like meeting new people with interest in photography, swimming, reading etc.

Thanks

Debbie

I suggest you go to Halles de l'Ile on a thursday night. All the expats are there :)

Hello, there!

I'm a Brazilian, used to Brazil super friendly environment, and I've been living in Geneva for seven months now... I found it a bit hard to make friends here, but even though I can't say i have maaaany friends, but I made some! :)

For me, the most effective way was to enroll in a French course, small talking to the colleagues and  inviting them to have drinks after class, to have dinner during weekends and so on. Same with office colleagues.

People don't always accept my invites so easily, but after insisting a bit, I get them to go and after all, some become friends...

Oh, and I also started a blog that I hope will help me meet more interesting people: http://www.jhabiteageneve.wordpress.com/

Hello cintiacosta.

Welcome to Expat.com :)

Thank you for this introduction.

Regards.

Karen :)

bonjour

Hi genevedate,

Can you please keep it in English on the Anglophone Forum :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

[Moderated: Expat.com is not a dating website]