Converting to Muslim

How does one convert to Sunni when you move there?  I am married but my wife and I are polyamourous and met our third.  We met f2f and we click.  She selfsupportive.  We want to marry. Know I must be Muslim to have two wives.  How do I do that as an American?

To be a Muslim you have to say ashadu Allah iliiah illalah wa ana ashadu an mohamadin abdahu wa rasulu (and mean it) (translated roughly as I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and Mohammed is his salve and messenger. It is better to say in front of two male Muslims, to whiteness it. Then you will have a lot to learn and will have to 'find yourself' as a Muslim so I would leave getting another wife until you have some understanding of Islam and the implications of having two wives. As a Muslim you would come to learn that the path to ruin is surrounded by desires and the path to success is suronded by difficulties and patience, from which later on you might decide you don't want two wife's. In Moroccan law you need the first wives permission to Marry a 2nd wife now. If I understood the term you mentioned correctly then , no you can't have three way relationship either in Islam or Moroccan law - only you and first wife and you and second wife. Apologies if I misunderstood what you said

As for polyamorous, whatever floats your boat.
As for converting to Islam - it's a commitment, not a way to get around a law.
It's very easy to convert, simply reciting the declaration of faith in front of two Muslim men, but it's also a promise and should not be abused.

Jeffrey Heaps wrote:

How does one convert to Sunni when you move there?

What do you mean by convert to sunni? sunni is not a religion it's a minhaj a way of practicing islam 

Jeffrey Heaps wrote:

I must be Muslim to have two wives.  How do I do that as an American?

You don't "have" to be muslim, you become muslim when you believe that there is no god but Allah and that Mohamed is his slave and prophet, and you sinecerly believe it from your heart, and then follow the recitation given in the first posts ....And certainly not because you're being pushed by someone or something

Thank you for the information. To be honest the relationships were going to involve two people at a time. No threesom.  Should I study first with an Imam and convert in front of him.  Reason. I need cert of conversation to marry.  I also learn faster if taught.  Any more advice?

Jeff

Thank you sir for your sage advice.  My future wife is Sunni and I plan to follow her.  Through the year I have seen the power of Allah at work through her. My mind turns toward Allah.  Now am ready for f2f teacher.

The trick is always believing in what you say, regardless of what the subject is.
Anything else is bad news to everyone, including yourself.

If you really believe, go for it with the blessing of every Muslim on Earth.

Fred wrote:

If you really believe, go for it with the blessing of every Muslim on Earth.

Ameen Fred

Jeffrey Heaps wrote:

Now am ready for f2f teacher.

May be your wife will be your best teacher now...

True...she is willing

The cert to marry in Morrocco is no big deal. When I did mine I had already been Muslim for about ten years but they still wanted to hear me say the declaration of faith (shahada)

Sorry I misunderstood you at the beginning about having two wives! If you are living in America now I think it would be good to learn a little from an iman there, because of him speaking English and then like the brother said your new wife could help you a lot.

I converted around 15 years ago and for me I find true happiness and peace from being Muslim. Any questions you're more than welcome to ask/message me