Building Plans

Does anyone know of an architect/engineer in  Belize that can draw up plans for a home, and is able to move things smoothly through the CBA? Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

http://www.architectsofbelize.com/autobiography
We've had a couple of dealings, not a house design, with A**** from Santa Elena and were very pleased with his service.
If we were building, we would choose A**** office in Belmopan.

Thanks for the feedback Brigitte. Much appreciated.

Hi rayonthebay,

You can  consult the list of architects in Belize registered in the business directory :

- Architects in Belize

Feel free to contact the recommended ones for further information.

Regards,

Sarvesh
https://www.expat.com team

Thank you Sarvesh.

Hello Ray:

Just checking to see if you have received a response to your post inquiring on a architect referral for your plans?  Hope all is well otherwise.  I will be in Belize sometime in May hoping to meet up with Mario.
Are you considering him as your contractor possibly for your project?

Kind regards,

Diana

Hello Diana,

First of all, I bid out my plans to three different contractors in Belize. All things considered Mario came in the highest, which surprised me. The lowest bidder I don't have as much confidence in, and he was low because I had to buy windows, doors etc myself, which at the end of the day didn't save anything.
We live and learn. I have decided, this Monday, on a builder who actually is part owner of Cansejo Landings where we are building. His name is Peter ***. He was born in Germany, and we know how precise they are when they do things. Of the three I contacted to bid he was the only one who understood completely everything I talked about, from foundation to roof support, and structural integrity. Anyway, he has lived in Belize, at Consejo Shores, for over a decade, and built extensively there. Condos, as well as single family dwellings, via his company LLP Constructors Ltd. I haven't met anyone in Belize that understands construction better than he does. He offered a competitive bid, and a complete process. I am impressed with him as a builder, and a person. In talking to residents about him, he is well known, and highly respected.

All said and done, I highly recommend you contact him. I am very reserved when it comes to contractors but, he has been a breath of fresh air. I still believe Mario to be a good contractor, though he is not GST registered as he inferred he was. Peter is. I spoke to Peter this morning about your project, and he welcomes you contacting him. I will be working through an architect that Peter has recommended, who happens to be on the building board. Therefore, plans will be processed easily, and accepted without problems. Peter is also saving us money on the architectural costs by supplying the architect CAD drawings for my project which is a free service he provides. I sincerely hope you give him the opportunity to bid on your project, or at minimum, gain valuable information from him. Peter can be reached at ****

Diana, no matter how much we know about building it doesn't necessarily apply to Belize. I have had to really dig to make sure my project was done properly, and at a fair price. You had mentioned the paint price in Mario's estimate, and mine also came back very high from him. Peter's was spot on, almost 40% less, using a favorite of yours Sherwin Williams, the Loxon XP. That got me to dig deeper into the process, and that's how I made my decision. Sorry for my lengthy response but, I wanted you to know everything I learned, and how I arrived at my final decision.

Best wishes,
Ray

Moderated by Bhavna 5 years ago
Reason : Contact details should not be posted on the forum.
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Never can have to much information so no apologies needed I will reach out to him thank you give me a call when you can I would like to speak with you sometime prior to departing in May xxx Your number to please.  Diana

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please don't post your personal contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.

My number is xxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Please don't post your personal contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.

Sorry your number does not come through can you email me to:
xxx must be some privacy protection thing I would like to speak with you over this weekend thank you.

Moderated by Bhavna 6 years ago
Reason : Please do not post your contact details on the forum. You should exchange them through the private messaging system.Thank you

I sent both number through which you can reach me.

Hi! Just FYI, the forum prohibits contact information being shared for your protection since this forum is public. You can always message people privately to share personal info. 😀

I get that. Thanks

I tried Axxxx and had a very bad experiance. Would definitely NOT use him, he is slow arrogant and not ver y good at  drawings.

Much appreciated.

Hi Rayonthebay

Belize is a different ball game when it comes to building homes than you are probably used to, there can be a lot of pitfalls,

It may be that you do not require an Architect,depending on what you plan to build

Basically do your homework or hire a 'Professional Consultant' to oversee your dream project, depending on your own ability and/or availability will determine the scope of involvement you may need someone to be involved with to advise & consult with.

Some of the things a consultant could help with
*Project/Site Management
*Design
*Procurement/Contracts
*Planning, CBA/PUC Permits
*Logistics
*Coordination
*Cash Flow
*Quantity, Materials/Valuations
*Quality, Materials/Workmanship

All the above have their own pitfalls, a good consultant will smooth the way.
Drop me a line I can point you in the right direction
Relax-Slowdown-Live Longer

Fortunately, I have overcome the obstacles and have enlisted an excellent builder, and architect. Thanks to all for your assistance and advice.

Hello everyone,

Please note that i have put aside some off-topic posts.

Since the initial poster's issue seems cleared, i am closing this thread.

If ever you want to recommend a professional or as a professional if you wish to offer your services, please either recommend or register in the Architects in Belize section of the business directory.

All the best,
Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed