Concidering Moving to Gozo

Hi my name is Lorraine

I'm married no children but one very small dog  :) myself and husband (Keith ) have been talking about moving abroad for years now but haven't taken the jump. I have been searching sites blogs,and communitys and had a lot of good feed back from the island Gozo, if anyone could give me any information i.e Jobs place to settle my husband is an electrician and me well I can put my hand to anything...

We are planning a visit hopefully end July first week in August and would love to know where to stay in Gozo and hopefully meet up with some of you guys who have moved from the uk to Gozo if possible. I'm really starting to get itchy feet and need to move... my mother said there must be a bit of gypsy in my blood,   :D . so if anyone can help all advice will be taken on board with great appreciation

Thank you all in advance

Lorraine Barnes

There are quite a lot of expats here on Gozo, many retired and many work either here or Malta. You will find the life here a lot more laid back then the U.K. which is good but sometimes frustrating.
If you come over the end of July beginning of August it will be very busy so you will not get the normal
feel for the place also hot, personally I would avoid Xlendi and Marselforn as they will be crowded anywhere else not so busy, if you wish to stay in a hotel the Grand at Mgarr is very nice. Also another thing to mention is that rents have risen quite sharply and as mentioned on here before do not take
too much notice of the agents adverts as they are normally out of date.  Anything else you need to know will already be on here under the various headings.