Want VN drivers license, no valid DL in Michigan, USA

Hello- I want to buy a motorcycle up to 150 CC, but do not have a valid drivers license in Michigan, USA  (revoked due to a drunk driving 13 years ago) It is impossible to get the license back before I come to Da Nang in June. Is there anyone that anyone knows that is local that can help me (for pay) get my motorcycle license in Vietnam for motorcycle? I have been riding motorcycle for 30+ years, so the road test wont be difficult, but I cannot fluently read Vietnamese to pass the written test. Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Thank you in advance.........

How's it going? I am also a Michigander in HCMC. You won't need a license. I got one years ago and have never had to use it any time i have ever been pulled over.
BR

Moderated by Sarvesh 7 years ago
Reason : Encouraging illegal activities is strictly forbiden.

So I will just need VND and some sort of ID or not?

xxx

Reason : Be cautious : sharing this type of information can be interpreted as an illegal act and an abuse of the law.

xxx

Reason : Be cautious : sharing this type of information can be interpreted as an illegal act and an abuse of the law.

If you don,t have a licence,the cops can confiscate the bike....have a look at "citypassguide traffic fines and penalties Vietnam"....albeit temporarily.They can also impose a fine,about 1 million dong....not saying they will carry out these actions as from what I understand they are all on the take and would prefer to put the money in their pocket...but it's something to bear in mind.
Also,and in agreement with Wald0,what's happens if you have an accident and you have no licence to provide to the cops.
Last...no licence...you have no insurance if you are injured in an accident.
The above is full of ifs and buts and insurance is a totally different subject .....all because it's Vietnam.

Moved to VIETNAM FORUM CODE OF CONDUCT thread.

Reorandy wrote:

Is there anyone that anyone knows that is local that can help me (for pay) get my motorcycle license in Vietnam for motorcycle?.

If you're asking about an agent to assist you, I'm sure there is.
If you're asking how to bribe an official, not on this forum please.

You can get a local to assist you in gaining the license, when you get to Danang just ask other expats for the contact information of the person who helps foreigners do the test.

Fred wrote:
Reorandy wrote:

Is there anyone that anyone knows that is local that can help me (for pay) get my motorcycle license in Vietnam for motorcycle?.

If you're asking about an agent to assist you, I'm sure there is.
If you're asking how to bribe an official, not on this forum please.

Thank you everyone. I was looking for an agent to assist, NOT asking to bribe an official.