English school in Santo Domingo

Hello Everyone,

My family and I will move to Dominican Republic this summer 2017. We are a French family and lived abroad for 5 years. I'm looking for a school for my kids. They are 6 and 3 years old. They have been to an English school respectively for 4 and 1 years.
With my wife, we are considering different schools for our kids.

Could some of you tell me more about main English school in Santo Domingo? Except Carol Morgan which too expensive for us.

Thank you.

Hi Vince Yll,

Welcome to expat.com. :)

I'd invite you to have a look at the following links for more information about schools in Santo Domingo:

- https://www.issd.edu.do/
- https://www.google.mu/webhp?sourceid=ch … ui:2&*

Good luck.

Regards,

Sarvesh
expat.com team

Vince welcome to the forum.  Have you been tot he DR before and what made you decide to move to Santo Domingo?
I live on the north coast so I do not have much info on SD.  However there are others on the forum that can help and I am sure they will be along to give you their thoughts. 
Again welcome

Bob K

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your support.
We moved to RD as my company is sending me there for work.
If some of you have opinions about English/bilingual school in RD, just let me know. It would be very useful to help us making our choice.
We are considering right now schools like: New Horizon, Saint Georges...
Thank you

Hi , I was wondering what school did you decide to settle wiith for your kids. I was in DR this month and the schools I went to were very expensive. How did you make out?

Hello,

We decided finally for Saint George School. But indeed it is expensive. From what I understood from people in my job, Saint Michael school is a good option. It would have been our choice if we knew more before coming in DR.

Regards,

Hey Vince,

We are most likely making a move to Santa Domingo in a few months. How have you liked Saint George? We have 3 school aged kids and are considering our options.

Thanks,
Amanda