Baby seats - hire a private driver with their own car?

We're spending a few months in Hanoi this year. I want to be able to transport my 2 kids safely in their baby seats, which may be difficult and annoying for a normal taxi/ uber.

How have other families managed this?

How much does it cost to hire a driver (full or part time) with their own car in Hanoi?

Thank you!

My girl's brother is a private driver in Hanoi. Right now he's driving Russian oil men around but I think that contract is set to expire soon as they return to Russia.

I doubt he will be "waiting around" for you to call him everyday. So what do you mean by "full time" and "part time".

Send me more details in a PM and I will talk to him if you like.

Thanks Zepo! I've never hired a driver before, so I'm not really sure how it works!

I guess availability-wise, part time would be someone who's available 8-12 in the morning, or 8-4 or something?

What's the going rate, by the way?

Let me check with him in the next few days.

I would imagine it would be some flat-rate daily and mileage would be tacked on over top of that.

Also, this is a small car like a typical taxi here, not an SUV. I imagine you could put baby seats near the 2 rear doors, someone sitting in the middle of those and another passenger in the front seat with the driver.

I'll check on what his rate would be for something like that.

Could you call, wait up to a 1/2 hour or an hour before he arrives, or you need something more immediate?

Thanks Zepo, that arrangement actually sounds ideal. I really appreciate your help!

Hi Scarycrab,
Please check your inbox, thanks.

Hey scarycrab,

Sorry, but his contract with the Russian oil men just got extended another 6 months.