Motorbike rental in Tay Ho or Old Quarter

Please recommend cheap rental for a 2-3 motorbike rental in Tay Ho or Old Quarter and can be extended long term as I will be working in Hanoi. Preferrably 100vnd or lower/daily.

Thanks a bunch!

Expect to pay a minimum of 800k VND a month for an old semi-automatice. Anything lower will be very dodgy. Typically a newer model fully automatic scooter should be between 1 million and 2 million VND per month depending on the engine size, model, if it is properly and regularly maintained etc. A newer model semi-automatic should be in the region of 1 million to 1.2 million VND per month.

ALWAYS make sure the rental contract has an agreed value for the bike because you'll be expected to buy a replacement bike if it gets stolen or is involved in an accident. Also make sure you see the 'blue card' which is the registration document - the name and address should always match the shop owners name and address. The last thing you need is getting pulled by the cops only to find the bike is stolen because you'll be the one in trouble, not the rental company!

The only one I recommend in Tay Ho is VIP Bikes but their reputation is such that there is always a waiting list of clients waiting for new bikes.

Any company that doesn't put its prices on its website should always be treated with caution as should any post here making a recommendation without actually stating WHY they recommend them. Seems more like advertising to me.

Depends on the type and age of bike you are looking for.
If you want a daily rate, you'll end up paying more than you should. Most rental places charge by the month because the 'daily' rental places usually only cater to tourists who they know they can charge extra and the condition of the bike is unimportant because they won't be in the country long enough to complain.

For a semi-automatic scooter like a 110cc Wave, expect to pay 700 VND to 1,000 VND per month (depending on age and how well maintained they are).
For a fully automatic scooter, expect to pay 1,000 VND to 1,800 VND per month; again depending on model, engine size, age and how well maintained they are.

Personally, I could never recommend renting from anywhere in the Old Quarter because they cater to the tourists; usually overcharge and maintenance is minimal (usually no mirrors, lights and often not even brakes).

Please be aware that riding a motorbike without a valid license renders any health insurance you may have invalid in the event of an accident. I've seen far too many go-fund pages for hospital costs /body repatriation costs after accidents/fatalities.