Recommendation of Car with driver service in Hanoi

Hi,

I am travelling to Hanoi for 3 days on a business visit. As I have a couple of meetings throughout the day I need a car with driver to take me around (8:30 am to 6 pm).

Is there any recommendation of any person or company I could engage?

Regards,
Ashwin

have very good experience with Viet Cuong Rental contact person: Pham Thi Thai
mobile (84) 983013239
       (84) 975705541
email: koska19822gmail.com

Greetings
Willie

Mmmm ... One Post Willie, from Ha Noi. Most likely a taxi driver.

There are 114 TAXI COMPANIES in Ha Noi and they have over 17,000 vehicles on the road!

They are also THE BIGGEST CROOKS IN VIETNAM,

A few rules to remember:

1. ALWAYS ask your hotel, contact How much to get to ....

2. ONLY USE DE LUXE, MAI LINH or HA NPI TAXI;

3. NEVER RIDE in a cab where the METER IS NOT MOUNTED ON THE DASHBOARD;

4. Always look at the meter AND COUNT THE NUMBERS OUT. The driver will think you are NUTS BUT HE CAN'T FIDDLE THE METER
(counting forces you to look at the met;er and any sudden increase will be seen by you)

5. IF you know the fare cost before you get in you will avoid getting ripped. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE BEEN RIPPED, get the driver to CALL THE POLICE (CAN SAT) (Once a dumb driver tried charging me VD2,400,000 - I signalled him to write it down. I put the paper in my pocket (evidence) and gave him VND32,000 the proper rate for the journey);

Mai Linh and De Luxe drivers don't rip you off like the others.

When you travel from / to the airport, use the VietNam Airlines shuttle bus - US$2/3 - to their office at Hoan Kiem Lake. NEVER USE A CAB. NEVER TELL ANYONE AT THE AIRPORT WHERE YOU ARE GOING. They are crooks and hustlers, too. (The cab also try to charge you bridge fees from the airport - the bridges are free)

REMEMBER: Taxi drivers have to give you all your change by law. Wait in your seat until you get it.

NEVER GET OUT if you have bags in the trunk / boot make the driver get them.

Sorry Jaitch, i am NOT a taxi driver, had good experience with this place and just wanted to share!

Hi Ashwin,

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

I hope you find soon a car with driver service in Hanoi.

All the best,
Christine

Willie Vroege wrote:

Sorry Jaitch, i am NOT a taxi driver, had good experience with this place and just wanted to share!

Sorry. It's unusual a customer has an e-mail address for a cab company. If you now Ha Noi you'll understand why I'm suspicious, too many company hustlers sign on to boost services.

very good information in deed, my compliment.
Jaitch, I've been on this site for a while and wondering how could you, a foreigner, living in Buon Me Thuot, ever know about almost everything here, and the infos you gave out are always detailed. Maybe I will get a good answer for my curiosity once?

Thanks for the information Willie. I tried our the car rental from this company and they are very reliable and good in their service. Clean car and no hassles.

Highly recommended for Hanoi. No issues unlike the scam which I got into HCM with another rental company.

The car rental in Hanoi details as provided by Willie earlier are genuine:

Pham Thi Thai
mobile (84) 983013239
       (84) 975705541
email: koska19822gmail.com

would you like to try Avis Vietnam
Pls contact Le Huy (Mr) 0912647280

There are easy way to rent a car with drive in Ha noi.

When you came Ha noi, you should go to a car park near by your.
Recommend the car parking on Quang Trung Str., beside the VN airport's minibus station. Looking a suitable car, asking who is drive, if he is not there, people will call him for you. Then you can talk your requirements to him and negotiating about price. Pay attention, select a drive with the face which you can believe.

Please contact to me if you need more help in Ha noi, I will try to help as I can.