Help on rental agreement

Dear All,

If is correct to say that so long the contract is with stamp duty that contract is legally binded?

I'm renting a unit in an apartment and the contract will be drafted by the owner sign by himself, me and my colleague. Is it save this way or should i engage a property agent and paid her the commission which i don't think she deserve the full 5% as i close and nego the deal single handedly.

Any advise from experience?

Rgds

Chris

Hi there..

Well, in indonesia it is very common the owner of the property drafted and sign the contract by him/her self.At the time i m doing the same thing because i dont thing 5% fee for renting an apartement is necessary but i m a local and i feel safe about it.Well,just make sure the contract is gonna support if there is a problem in the future (hope there is not) Enjoy Jakarta ;)

Thanks Nadtomo

Hi Chris

Remember me Desy?  Here is Jakarta is normal if the owner of property draft her/his own contract then the three of you signed it (owner, your colleague and yourself).  Just make sure about what written in contract, be sure about what your right and responsibility.

About fee this may what we called here in Indonesia with commission. If there is third party involved in find your apartment usually they will ask for 2.5% commission.  This is become unwritten agreement.  However, if you find by your own then you have no obligation to pay any commission.  So this is only between you and the owner.

Hopes you can manage well and once again be careful with the contract.  Read carefully before signing.  By the way where about your apartment actually?

Please welcome to contact me if you need help.

Regards
Desy

What things can be recognizable by Indonesian Laws and Regulations is agreement that is not against or trying to manipulate the law itself. As long as your agreement is not have something like that.. even only with the owner signature, it will bind the parties legally. Once u have issues with it, you can always stand for your rights before the Law. Just read carefully with the agreement if there's anything that might risk your interest.

@tambunandesy for property rental agent fee usually around 2,5% to 8% it depends on the agreement between the owner and the agent. And i agree if you are not obliged to pay the agent fee if he/she is not involve in anything, except he/she can provide you with many house options or information, become your representative or negotiator and so on.

[Moderated: No free ad on the forum]