Looking for home around 8.0 jt rph/ year

If anyone have contact to find a place around that price, let me know. We are couple french-indo not married (which seems to be a problem here), want to find a cheap place(full furnished or empty) to stay, in the area of Jakarta selatan (Bintaro, cilandak, kemang, kabayoran baru, pondok indak...)
Thank for your help!!!

The not married bit could be a real problem.
The police sometimes take a dim view of it and you could find yourselves in trouble.
That rent in Bintaro or around should be enough if you want small and simple.
I'm on the hunt for a rental myself so I'll let you know if anything crops up.
When do you need it for?
By the way, Bintaro is a long way from the other places. Maybe sektor 1 but most of that is a dump.

Other than that, Google, "Rumah disewa " and see what comes up.

Other questions
Where will you be working and what transport do you use?
Always near where you go most because traffic is murder.

8 million a year for a house or 80? The heading is unclear.

If you are looking for a place to rent, the best way is to walk the streets where you want to stay, and then phone the owner as soon as you see a sign. It is better you have an Indonesian to do this for you as the owner will see you as a walking ATM or can see you like that.
Also if you have an Indonesian do the bargaining then the place will be cheaper. If you are planning to live with a man then you may struggle to get a place.
You could try an upmarket kost (boarding house)if it is 8 million.
I am in Mampang and I managed to rent a house for 23 million a year which was cheap, but it was unfurnished and small.  The head of the area was not too impressed when I refused to give him money for his approval or hand over my passport or kitas but I have had no trouble from that. My fiancee had to tell him we are married to get him to finally agree to me living there but she still cant until we are married. Its a farce but there we go.

Cheapest small, 1 bed, house in a secure estate (BSD) was 10 million/year.
We pay 25 for a brand new 3+1 in a secured estate.
Shop around so you don't get ripped off.

hi,

if what you mean 80 million/year this might be on your budget
we own this house and currently expatriated in paris.
please checkthis site: [moderated]

Hi everybody and thanks so much for those different info...

First of all, the price of the house I'm looking for is
8 000 000 rupiah for one year.
Maybe it's cheap for you, but yeah this is what we want. Not a big and huge house, just something simple.

@ Mas fred: Thanks to let me know if you have something. I know Bintaro is quiet busy with the traffic but this is one of the area we looking for.
I still don't work, just have some hobbies around kemang, so at the moment it's not a big problem. And i use motobike (which i don't drive yet), faster, cheaper ;)
And not to be married is really a big deal to rent? what kind of trouble we could get?
About "rumah di sewa" on google, sudah!!! We often check!!! Of course as soon as possible to get it would be perfect but i know everything take time here, so I'm ok, but hopefully before end of month!

@ lukereg: I was thinking to do that yeah, walk around and take the phone numbers...but as being "bule" here is unfortunatly being like  walking ATM :nothappy: (you made me laugh by the way), my boyfriend should go alone first i know...

We'll see, thank you, enjoy your night, see u on the blog expat.

The ATM bit is commonly true. I've had my Indonesian wife call a place to get the price and arrange a visit.
The moment I turn up, the price takes a jump.
I, in turn, take a walk.

Don't worry about traffic in Bintaro, worry about traffic north of the toll road. The motorbike will cut you through most jams but I've been stuck on mine from time to time.

I knew a chap, now dead, in Purwokerto.
He was English, his intended, Indonesian.
The police effectively told him to pack his bags and move to another house if he didn't want to end up in the cells. That's the most extreme I've heard of but there have been others.
A police officer in Wonosobo was more than unhappy at a indo/bule couple in a hotel.
I knew they weren't married as I'd chatted to them as I booked in. The policeman in question was considering checking.
I'm unsure of the law on the matter but the law isn't always as important as what the coppers want to happen.

Religion is always a factor in things here. A deeply religious renter may stop you if they feel you don't live up to their standards of morality. That applies mostly to Muslims and Christians.

However. I also know of unmarried couple who have had no problems at all.

Back to prices. North of the toll road is going to be more pricey for the same sort of house. Look in older estates rather than brand new ones. There's a fad here about wanting new houses so older places get cheap, fast.
The bike will allow you to be a bit out of the way without worries regarding transport.
If you can be as far out as BSD, try Melati mas, past block C or D.
I've just seen a 4 + 1 (+1 is for the maid)at 22 million/year. That means a 1 or 2 bed will easily be in your range.
Again - in a secured cluster.
That and it's within a mile of a Giant supermarket and loads of Alphamrt and so on on the main road.

hei...  just give you some idea... try to find in Radio Dalam or Pondok Pinang area... there's so much a cheap small house for rent  there...

@Mas fred:

Interesting info...have to be careful then, or get married to make it easier right? Thanks by the way, to finish with the happy endind of couples who have had no problem at all. Hopefully we'll be one of those...hahah

The price you say for a 4+1 is interesting also, let's check for a 2 rooms yeah!!!

@ phelia: Thanks for advices, will check also in these area!!!

Will BSD do?
Most of the places I'm looking at are there so more chance to find one for you while I'm at it.

Mas Fred
Thank you so much to propose it to me. However, according to my boyfriend, it's too far. So hopefully we'll find something in the area we would like to.
Good luck for you in your research!!!;)

Your best bet is to wander the area you're interested in.
Estate agents don't usually bother with properties at that price because they can't make anything on it but local, part time agents, will.
Look for hand written notices in windows. We just called one and it turns out she's looking after about 12 properties for people who have wandered off to other countries.

Hi Mas Fred

I will but explain me something...
What do you mean by "local part time agent"...They look for us, find for us and we pay them to thank them to have found something for us? Like all these agents that  renew your visa for prices i couldn't imagine so high?

Local people often act as agents for whatever.
Sometimes it's houses.
These aren't the pros with an office, proper sign boards and so on; more someone who an owner knows and they end up taking on a few properties from there.
This is a guess.
The last house we went to see was 23 million, nego.
I'm guessing the owner wants 20 so the 3 will be hers.
quite like it, as does my wife, so I'll offer the 20 and see where we end up.

NOTE - Don't buy a house facing east/west. The sun will heat up the house like a greenhouse.

Yep, Mas Fred is right about the sun thats for sure. I would also advise to check with internet providers are in the area. Not necessarily the biggest of concerns but worth looking into, also the impact of flooding and in the house signs of a leaky roof such as yellowing on the ceiling (if it is white)and painted over damp.
Also again my not be that important but the electricity voltage level to the house and the water pressure as well.

I dont live in a gated community but in a small house in a busy street off a main road in the city. So lots of motorbikes and cars, street vendors and always busy. The security charge 35k a month and provide receipts although I have no idea who they are and the rubbish collector is 25k a month. My electricity bill is only 150k a month (I use AC)and because I have a groundwater pump and no water piped in, I pay no water bill.

I got a 3+1 bed with two bathrooms, in a gated estate no less, for 21 million per year.
Alphamart is 350m away and a large supermarket is just over 1km.
It has AC fitted - Bonus.
Rubbish collection/security is Rp165,000/month.
There are no windows in the back of the house so it's cave like.
That means cool.
The maid's quarters and guest room is upstairs, master bed and my office, downstairs.
The living room is about the size of a five a side football field.
OK, I lied, but not that much.

@ Mas Fred: This is the house you just found or the one you living in at the moment?
Anyway, i'm glad for you!!

This place was 25 million and brand new but rubbish build quality.
Glad to be moving.