House

Will move to Jakarta and looking for a house at a reasonable price...
Does anybody have any contacts?

Thanks

Jakarta is a big mess of a city with even bigger traffic jams.
You need to live as close as possible to work or you'll end up living in traffic queues.
Where will you work?

malinkijan wrote:

Will move to Jakarta and looking for a house at a reasonable price...
Does anybody have any contacts?

Thanks

I couldn't agree with Mas Fred more.
To help other member answer your question, maybe you can be more specific on which location you prefer, what facilities nearby and what is a reasonable price for you.
I guess those information will help them and you to narrow down the list.

I don't have direct contacts, but you can try the property agent in Jakarta such as Ray White, Century 21, ERA or
https://www.expat.com/en/housing/asia/indonesia/jakarta

Good luck!

you absolutly right. 3 bedroom house. About the area I do have absolutly no idea as I never was in Jakarta before. Max price between 1500 and 1800 dollar a month. If its in a compound with some facility's even better...

Remind me to write a post about housing on the do and don't thread.

1 - Find out the area.
If you don't, a commute of several hours a day may be awaiting. Getting through Jakarta, especially in rainy season, can be near impossible.

2 - Don't look at anything priced in $US. If it is, it's very probably overpriced and there to rip of clueless foreigners.

3 - Jakarta isn't a western city. The most expensive housing doesn't come cheap but you can get very reasonable houses, in secured and serviced estates, at $3,000/year or less in the satellite areas.

Jakarta is less of a city and more of a ragged mass of towns; many foreigners tend to thing of the whole Jakarta area as Jakarta but that isn't actually the case.
Tangerang may have a Jakarta address but, if the toll road is clear, the trip can take more than 30 minutes and, if the toll isn't clear, up to two hours.
I've seen people trying to live in central Jakarta and asking about sending their kids to the British international school.
Try a school run of 2 to 3 hours every morning and evening for a year and see if you really need to check the details carefully before you commit.

Where would u like to live in Jakarta? My suggestion is close to your work place.
Secondly, google www.rumah123.com or other house agent sites for Jakarta so you can have some ideas.

The best of luck!

Thanks for your reply's. I will work at the airport. So therefore I assume in a area near the airport. All the Agens in the Internet have a Price Range of over 2000 Dollar a month. More extensive then Housing in Switzerland.

Housing around the airport is even cheaper than Jakarta. I dont know which sites you are looking at.

malinkijan wrote:

Thanks for your reply's. I will work at the airport. So therefore I assume in a area near the airport. All the Agens in the Internet have a Price Range of over 2000 Dollar a month. More extensive then Housing in Switzerland.

Forget anything in dollars.
Away from the city, expect 10 times less than that price.

Yups, housing around the airport cheaper than Jakarta.
Tangerang, Cengkareng, Pantai indah kapuk and kamal muara considering near from Soekarno Hatta International Airport (i hope we talking about the same airport ya :) )

Check this out:
rumahdanproperti.com/area/rumah-disewa-cengkareng-1598-eng/

rumah123.com/rumah-disewa-di-pantai-indah-kapuk-en.html

rumah.com/rumah/disewa-jakarta-barat/cengkareng/1?utm_source=idpaid-google-search&utm_medium=cpc&gclid=CLHtwNiTz7kCFWcG4god7UgADw

Good luck!

Just to add

Central is reasonably close to the airport, though the traffic can still be bad, but does offer a reasonable compromise between being near to work and being able to get home after a night out in Jakarta

Do you have kids to go to school? As Mas Fred said, that could be a real problem if you are commuting to Kemang to take them to the international school

I'd advise that you rent somewhere for a couple of weeks or a month when you first arrive to see how the commute is, whether you like the area and to let you explore around in the evenings before you sign up long term. But many contracts are 6 months minimum, so depends how long you plan to stay

Hi,

Where would you prefer to reside; south or west or others?

Rgdrs

Hans

Loads of cheap but secure housing estates in North Tangerang.
Less than 30 million per year should get you three bedrooms.

Han Xiang wrote:

Hi,

Where would you prefer to reside; south or west or others?

Rgdrs

Hans

The best location is the one near your office.

Sophie Fisher wrote:
Han Xiang wrote:

Hi,

The best location is the one near your office.

Absolutely

Living in Jakarta is always a compromise between somewhere nice/central and an easy commute.

The easy commute is the main target. Minimum time in the car is important

i agree with samhand suggestion,, rent somewhere  so u have a chance to look arround
choosing house sometime tricky :-)
last year when i comehere, i need 3 months till i found house , so i stay in appartment first
(hehehe take a while coz i was looking for furnished house with reasonable  price)

goodluck with ur hunt

Tangerang allows easy access to the hang outs such as SMS and several larger malls.
I know nothing of bars and entertainment in Tangerang but I suppose there'll be a good few.
Blue bird taxis will get you there quickly and cheaply.
Tangerang's toll road and the airport toll will get you into Jakarta in shirt order at night as most of the traffic jams are cleared at boozing times.

Hi there
Regarding your house matter
I may assist you in serching houses/apartment in jakarta
my name Angela my cell # 0811 919741

Looking forward to have your response

best
Angela

angela moningka wrote:

Hi there
Regarding your house matter
I may assist you in serching houses/apartment in jakarta
my name Angela my cell # 0811 919741

Looking forward to have your response

best
Angela

And watch out for agents.
Many charge crazy fees.

mas fred wrote:

Remind me to write a post about housing on the do and don't thread.

You should write a post about housing on the do and don't thread.