Applying for Student Visa F I-20 with a criminal record

Hi all,

I Would really appreciate any advice or information any one can offer me, first of all I am 19 years old, I graduated from a high school in England, I spent my gap year in my native Hong Kong applying to several American art universities, earlier this month I was accepted by 3 of them (Calarts, UARTS with scholarship and Parsons with scholarship), the problem is, I will have a criminal record.

I committed soft theft near the end of last year, I was given a bind over agreement (meaning that my record will be erased and there will be no charge as long as I abide by the law for a period of 9 months), but I was recently caught in possession of a small amount of cocaine (yea it was stupid), the case of the latter offense has yet to be closed and I am yet to know what will happen to me, my record or my potential sentence.

I'm applying for a F I-20 student visa and I am told that any drug related offense will result in denial of my visa, is there anything that I can do about this? I can provide more information about my situation if needed, any help would be greatly appreciated on what to do, who to contact, research to carry out.

Thanks in advance

https://uk.usembassy.gov/visas/visa-wai … uirements/

A mate in the UK had a 20 year old minor fraud conviction and got in after a sweaty interview.
A newish drugs case is likely to be a lot more difficult.

If I read this correctly you are a) on probation for theft and b) in limbo about a possession charge; it being coke there may be a paraphernalia charge as well.

Sealing records or expunging has little to no impact. Read the questions on the application. It is not likely that a waiver will be granted at this time.