Close

Ep application status check online

Hi all,

If I check Ep application status online often, will that affect my approval process?

Certainly not as there is nothing wrong to check about your application status. But, don't check every day rather check twice or thrice in a week.

Thank you, Surya 2k.

Hi surya

I wanna ask that my e pass is showing as approved online but my employer is silent and has not contacted me yet...is it that they are waiting for IPA letter ....also pls let me know does issuance of IPA letter takes time...or the employer has changed his mind....pls help

Tashu, your IPA must have issued by now (though you did not tell us how long it shows as approved but looking at your anxiety, you must be checking on a regular basis) but it could be delayed as today its holiday here (last week too had one holiday) and your employer might not have received it. Issuing IPA letter is the first stage at MoM after approval of an applicant's application. It should reach within few days of time, normally does not take more than 5 working days with maximum validity of 6 months to claim your EP.

Second part of your question, you should communicate with the employer stating that you had checked about your EP application and current status shows that it has approved. Kindly update me once you have received IPA letter. Wait for their response.

I don't think employer would cancel your EP as in first place MoM will ask its rationale then it will give a bad name in MoM record. Good luck.

Hi... thnx for the response... Its been 3 days that I have checked and it is showing as approved.. May be it got approved before... how to check the date of approval of EP..I had asked the employer on monday about the status and was informed that it is still pending... Later on I checked it in the evening and it was approved..Why is it on hold with the employer.. Also I may inform that my application was processed on the same date with another colleague.. He has got the approval and is flying today.. My mine is stucked up??

Wait another few days and then ask your employer. They should have received the IPA by then.

Hi, just want to have some question in mind.. once my agent key in my application for e pass today. How long it will reflect my name at MOM online inquiry ? I'm just wondering it shows no record when I tried to check online today also.

Best luck!

Hi there guys, it's nice to read an informative forum like this regarding Singapore pass. Actually me and my cousin just apply to an agency in Singapore and luckily we get hired by the potential employer. We were ask to exit here in Malaysia for them to key in our E pass to MoM...we just did. They say that they will key in us today in the MoM but upon checking with them, they say that the immigration has just cleared us today. Thus, we need to wait. Do we have way to check online if we already been key in? Hope to hear positive response. Thanks!

Ms_adhel wait at least a day or two, don't be so impatient.

ImShelo: if you have FIN then can check using below link

https://eponline.mom.gov.sg/epol/PEPOLE … yAction.do

Good luck you both.

HI Surya

I have nt still got anything to hear from my employer. Upon asking them, they are saying that they have not received the IPA letter from MOM though EP shows approved online. They say this is how the process is like...I am really confused... EP got approved on 8th May...pls reply

Hi Tashu,

May I ask if how are u able to check ur status online? Did u have ur FIN?

Thanks,
Adele

Hi Adhel

you can check the status online through your passport number

Hi TAshu,

Many thanks.🙂

Tashu :

Upon asking them, they are saying that they have not received the IPA letter from MOM though EP shows approved online. EP got approved on 8th May

This is too long, something is wrong!
Your employer should contact MoM and ask for the IPA to be sent again.

Tashu, you should inform the employer that online status shows from 8th May that my EP application was successful. So, it's nearly two weeks now if employer didn't receive IPA, then ask them to follow up with MoM and let's see what MoM says. Secondly, don't worry normally IPA has two months validity. If you are in Singapore, then visit your new employer office and show the print out of the page where it confirms about your EP approval (if they disagree of your EP approval claim). If new employer agrees then you can accompany the representative of the employer and yourself visit MoM office to check with them (first take an appointment before you visit). Good luck.

Hi Surya

Many Thanks..

I may inform you that I am in India only and this is my first job offer in singapore. I have already mailed the screenshot of the online approved status to my employer. But they are saying they have not received the letter yet.. I doubt their intentions now because its been too long.. what to do..

It's difficult to say what is in their mind. But, when an employer decides to hire a foreigner, and subsequently apply work permit then that means they have taken the decision internally to employ you. But, if suddenly they decided not to go further then by right they should withdraw the application or write a letter to MoM that they do not wish to continue this case due to some reason so that MoM and the employee will get a clear picture (if their intention is not to hire you now). Don't give up. Try you luck and same time look for another job in the market. Good luck.

Expatriate health insurance in Singapore

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Singapore

Moving to Singapore

Find tips from professionals about moving to Singapore

Travel insurance in Singapore

Enjoy stress-free travel to Singapore

Flights to Singapore

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Singapore