Residency Permit - Non EU citizen

Hello,

I am here at Cluj for 2 weeks now for employment purposes (2 years contract). But the company told me i am not yet allowed to work because they need to get my residency permit processed.
I've been browsing around the forum but can't find a similar topic. (or i missed it).

What are the requirements needed for the residency permit? And do i need a personal appearance at the immigration office/ministry?
How long will it take for the entire process?
I don't really think i can wait for that long and just staying at the apartment for that period.

Thank you!

ExpatPH

ExpatPH wrote:

Hello,

I am here at Cluj for 2 weeks now for employment purposes (2 years contract). But the company told me i am not yet allowed to work because they need to get my residency permit processed.
I've been browsing around the forum but can't find a similar topic. (or i missed it).

What are the requirements needed for the residency permit? And do i need a personal appearance at the immigration office/ministry?
How long will it take for the entire process?
I don't really think i can wait for that long and just staying at the apartment for that period.

Thank you!

ExpatPH

Hello, yes you definitely did seem to miss the many many topics posted on this subject.

You can find the requirements listed at the IGI site, please review there.  The process will take at least 30 days, though some people wait up to 90 days, it all depends on your file. 

Yes, you will need to personally appear at IGI, as bio-metric data is needed.

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

I'm an Aussie. My Permis de Sedere took 30 days in Iasi.
Where are you from and what kind of permit exactly are you needing? Have you applied?

I applied for a temporary residency permit.
The process took longer than expected but i am expecting to get it June 02.

They made me come back again and again.. different personnel has different interpretation of requirements. So that made a very simple application to complication.
But it's a fun journey considering i did it myself. :)

Hello,

I will appreciate support in the following question.
I have a Russian nationality; currently I am living and working in Romania (visa D/AM), and I have applied for a residency permit.
My question is – after I will obtain the Romanian residency permit will I be able to travel within European Union and Schengen zone without visa or I need to apply for a separate visa?

Thank you in advance!

I don't know anything for a Russian citizen!

The question is not about the Russian citizenship, but about another the topic - will the Romanian residence permit give the right to travel within Europe, the same as Romanians do, i.e.without any additional visa. Could you help with that topic?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Mariia

MariiaBespalova wrote:

The question is not about the Russian citizenship, but about another the topic - will the Romanian residence permit give the right to travel within Europe, the same as Romanians do, i.e.without any additional visa. Could you help with that topic?

Thank you in advance,
Regards,
Mariia

A residence permit is not a travel document.  If you would require a visa to travel within Europe (except for Romania), you still require one. 

Romaniac
Expat.com Experts Team

Thank you! the question come up, because, for instance, the person who has residence permit in one of Schengen zone countries (in spite which the citizenship (EU or non-EU) he/she has) , can travel within that zone without any conditions. But, till now I cannot find any information about same topic about the residence permit in some of EU countries.

I know, I understand clearly your question. However, your travel allowances are dependent upon international agreements with your country of citizenship.

Hello,
With the Romanian residency permit you will not be able to travel within the European Union and Schengen zone without visa.You need to apply for a separate visa.