HOW SAFE IT IS TO WORK IN TURKEY?

Good day everyone!I am a filipina and i am applying for a job in Turkey as a nanny.My cousin is already in Turkey,and i also want to be where she is right now.My concern now is how safe is  Turkey for work?I can see that my cousin is doing well there and she's really enjoying the place and her job.But still,my aunt who will support me with finances not allowing me to go there.I am worried now about everything.The reason she dont want is the danger of killings and bombing.But i still want to choose Turkey,and the consequences will be,i cannot wait and ask any financial support from her anymore,if i will go on my way and my wants.Please educate and  enlighten me about important details i need to learn regarding this matter.Thank you so very much for your kind response.God Bless and protect us all.

Have you tried searching the forum?  This question has been answered many times recently.

I think what she is trying to say, is the same things that I am worried about comming to Turkey, like the political instability, the economic factors, the insurgent groups, of course everyone has a stance about this, but it would be nice to know it from someone living right there.

I have talk here with people living in Istanbul that are super happy, and some of them are just trying to leave the country for those reasons, so it would be nice to know a little about that too.

Exactly miss Maria...I also heard of someone saying he wants to leave Turkey because of bad things happening there and bad leadership and so on...But others keep saying Turkey is really a nice country,which i do believe.Just worried about negative comments about the place.But then again,my cousin still wants to go back there after her vacation here.

it is safe as every big city in world here in istanbul: )

I mean I come from Venezuela, a very instable country, in the political, social and economic side, so I would like to know both stances of the issue about insurgent groups, the president, among other things.

Bad things you say wont stop me from going, but it is good to know what we will be facing.

I think if you have a good job, everything will be alright.

Dear Tuffmom and MariaMoli,

Just bear in mind that safety could be a relative concept depending on one's way of living. I dont think it is possible for you to get a quiet clear picture of how safe Turkey is without being more specific.

Do us a favour and raise each one of your concerns in a detailed way. As an instance; "do you guys think it is so dangerous to drive in İstanbul after considering the crowd and rumours about crazy drivers?". You can even pm if you think those d be concerns you dont need everybody to see.

Thanks
EK

They are both fairly clear about their concerns being 'political instability, economic factors and insurgency'.

Regarding PMs, we encourage our members to post on the open forum so that everyone else looking for same answers can benefit instead of asking similar questions again.

Thank you for contributing on the forum.

kovacek wrote:

Dear Tuffmom and MariaMoli,

Just bear in mind that safety could be a relative concept depending on one's way of living. I dont think it is possible for you to get a quiet clear picture of how safe Turkey is without being more specific.

Do us a favour and raise each one of your concerns in a detailed way. As an instance; "do you guys think it is so dangerous to drive in İstanbul after considering the crowd and rumours about crazy drivers?". You can even pm if you think those d be concerns you dont need everybody to see.

Thanks
EK

Yes,me too.I plan to work in that place Turkey but my husband always says negative about that place and that makes me afraid in going there but I really like to work Turkey coz the salary is big difference here in Hongkong.They offer high salary for Filipino nanny.And that makes me eagerly wants to go..in this forum I need help and more knowledge about the situation thier if it's stable now...and safe.I hope someone will answer me especially those who live in Turkey.Thank you and God bless us all!!

Sarah😇

Hi,  :cheers: 

Every culture, nation and society, on this planet, is afflicted with a criminal element percentage. That is simply the way of the world. There's no avoiding that reality.

Now, despite the current Syrian influx of refugees to Turkey, as U.S. citizens we feel far more "street-safe", Allahu akbar, in either Istanbul or Izmir (for examples), than we ever have when walking the streets of any major city in the United States. Ok?

In addition, my very American spouse's best friend is a Turkish-American lady, and they both wear their hijabs (as additional personal security measures), whenever they're in public. They did so, even when they were in the U.S. You might consider the possibility of doing likewise, in Turkey, eh?

Here's my spouse's contribution to this post ~ 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwcQe6t7KSE

Hopefully our reply provides you with some measure of sufficient "informed" decision-making relief, especially regarding your future concerns about safety in Turkey. Good luck. :top:

Lady, if you have the wherewithal to deal with the street-life of Caracas, then Istanbul will be a real piece of cake for you to eat, guaranteed :top:

Good day!
I appreciate your advice about wearing hijab.Yes!It's true for security reasons and thank you also for the reply.
God bless!

Istanbul is very safe and peace city to work. There are many Foreigners  here dont need u worry

Thank you for the reply.Hoping soon...
I be in Turkey.😘

I have lived and worked in Turkey as graphic designer in many companies in Ankara and Istanbul.
my advice to foreigner who are thinking to work in Turkey is,
firstly first, despite all good words you hear about hospitality of Turkish people, there is one important  factor to consider is all these kind words applies when you are a tourist. as soon as you start a job or a business of your own things will change drastically and you consider as "YABANCI" ,   you wont see much hospitality with your coworkers and partners and even with ministry departments of insurance and work permit as you consider as a foreigner who take out opportunities from local Turkish people and get country down ! (a true mindset of most Turkish people)

By law you will be hired as a foreigner only if the employer's company has already 5 local employees with full insurance payment, plus the company need to pay almost 22% of your salary as tax to government,
all these makes small company in very unstable situation when they hire foreigners they may pay you for 3 months last but they say goodbye to you in 4th month as they cant cover your expenses as foreigners.

lots of bureaucracy and unclear process when you need to do some changes like changing your company, dealing with bad employer, changing the residence city, you almost need to apply a new work permit application for work permit and stay in very stressful and unclear situation for a long time without any support.

You will find randomly people who can speak and understand English well, lot of misunderstanding will happen in work.

the payments to foreigners especially to experts compare to other Asian and Europe countries all very low.

This country is just good for visiting as a tourist for 1 weak maximum but not for living, and growing your kids and working.

unstable economic situation causing by us dollar rate makes things even harder to read the situation in even near future.

In my opinion Turkey is very difficult country for live and work and I don't recommend to waste your time there.

Thank you much for the honest reviews.🙏

Moderated by Priscilla 3 years ago
Reason : please post in english only on the forum
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Thank you so much for this useful tips and sharing ideas and experiences in turkey specially finding job..I am a filipina .and I'm from Philippines.

My dear death has no escape better find your dream s