Re-registering Houses with local Authority?

Hi, we had a surprise in the post, a letter which we had to sign for, this turned out to be a fine of 500,00 leva for not re-registering the houses we have before July last year.
The only re-registering we knew about was the re-registering of the Company and had already done this, this has come out of the blue and I would like any comments about this and if this information was readily available? we seem to have upset someone as we get taxed far more that our ex-pat friends and the local Municipality seen unable to give us good reason for this other than we are classed as a firm because the property was purchased through a company.
As anyone with property living in Bulgaria knows if you are a foreigner you can only purchase land through a Company, so can anybody help clear up this problem.

They know our address to send a fine, but not to inform us of any changes in the Laws, local, or otherwise.
Sorry if this seems angry but I am getting fed up with other Brits who seem to get away with everything, and we pay double or triple what they pay.
Is there a site which gives the information about new laws etc for expats

Well im not sure mate its possible they are scamming you was the letter written in english or bulgarian.
I think send a message to savinas she seems like the one to help.

I was sent an email about this before Christmas. The deadline for re-registering was December 31st. It did not apply to me as I am not a firm. I do not have title deeds as yet.

the law changes in 2014 to allow foreigners to own land in Bulgaria.  My friend is a "firm" and she has bills to pay in connection with this (accountants) and taxes.

Pastirka wrote:

the law changes in 2014 to allow foreigners to own land in Bulgaria.

In 2014 :/:/ Or did you mean that the law will change in 2014.

The law changes in 2014.  I Googled "law change in Bulgaria 2014".

Grammatically written it should read "will" change. ;) That is what Yud was referring to.

Hi,

I have a master's degree in creative writing from Manchester University and a PGCE in literacy, no wonder I can't find a job!

The law "will change"  or does the s at the end of changes imply a future tense? 

The law changes into new clothes.

The law changes in 2014.

The law will change into new clothes.  But it might not if the law  changes again.  Who can say these days.  I hope you sort it out to your satisfaction.

hmmm past and future tenses, tricky, need to revise.  Are you an English teacher?  If not you would do well.

Pastirka it's not like the forums are a place for creative writing ;) while someone that is native English speaking understands what you meant, many folks that are not, might get confused by the form you used. If you are an English teacher and you ever though ESL you would relate!

@WorldExpat: Thanks, that what I was referring to!

This 500 BGN fine could be a fine that you have not declared the purchase in the local municipality, tax department. Every aquisition of new property should be declared in 2 months time.Failure to do this may result in iposing a fine 500-3000BGN.

The re-registration of the company should be done till 31.12.2011.The fine is not for this.

From 2012 foreigners should not set up a Bulgarian company to buy regulated plot IF the property is meant for second dwelling.
From 2014 foreigners may buy without any restrictions agricultural and forest land.

Please, read my articles on these subjects for more information:

transconsultbg.wordpress.com/

Hats off SavinaS! I think the information you posted + your web page are a great source of very valuable information for expats. Thank you!!!

WorldExpat wrote:

Hats off SavinaS! I think the information you posted + your web page are a great source of very valuable information for expats. Thank you!!!

Thank you very much.I am happy you appreciate it.

SavinaS oh no,does that mean anyone can start buying large areas of land on build large ex pat communites?

I do not think so - this is an investment property. But you may always buy a large plot of land through a registered company in Bulgaria, build up the area and then sell the individual houses to expats for a second dwelling.