Interfaith marriage - desperately seeking advise?

Hello lovely ladies and gentlemen,

I desperately need some legal/formal advise on how to proceed. I am a Christian, European lady living in Riyadh who wants to marry a Yemeni man who was born here, a Saudi resident but not national. I have lived here for 3 years on annual business visas, I don't have an iqama.

We have read lots of abandoned threads in different forums in different sites, been in touch with our embassies, lawyers and MoI. None have been able to provide any solid guidance on how we should proceed.

Considerations:
1) I do not want to convert to Islam and my partner respects this decision. For many reasons, we have firmly decided not take this option, even as pen and paper exercise.
2) We are aware that we could marry in my country and then come back but I am only looking for advise on how to get married here in Saudi.
3) We don't have a wasta and do not want to pay large sums of money to some official to make this happen
4) Please respect that I am not looking for relationship advise or information about why I should change my mind

Any input, words or advise or links to reliable outside resources/information would be very welcome.

Thanks everyone

Hello, I  ve' known an amarican teacher how was  working in Riyadh ,during that time she met a jordanian man, they went to Jordan and they got married. I think you can go to Dubai or or any  GCC contry in order to get married there  .
The best of luck for the future  !☺

Abeer

Lady_Laura wrote:

We are aware that we could marry in my country and then come back but I am only looking for advise on how to get married here in Saudi.
We don't have a wasta and do not want to pay large sums of money to some official to make this happen

Thanks everyone

With you on business Visa and him on Iqama - forget about it.

Don't even know how wasta can help in this regards

As hamuds put it, since you are on visit and he on iqama, marriage in KSA is not possible operationally. Religiously also not possible since you are not planning to revert.  Knowing few Wasta's , I am not sure if even there is a wasta for this to happen in KSA.

A remotely possible solution - if the intention is to get married- then get married in yemen where he is from (with the current political situation there  - consider mortal risk ) and then he comes and applies for dependent visa for you with the marriage certificate.  Now I am not sure how yemeni authorities look on inter-religious marriages but this is a possibility to look into.

HRGuru wrote:

As hamuds put it, since you are on visit and he on iqama, marriage in KSA is not possible operationally. Religiously also not possible since you are not planning to revert.  Knowing few Wasta's , I am not sure if even there is a wasta for this to happen in KSA.

A remotely possible solution - if the intention is to get married- then get married in yemen where he is from (with the current political situation there  - consider mortal risk ) and then he comes and applies for dependent visa for you with the marriage certificate.  Now I am not sure how yemeni authorities look on inter-religious marriages but this is a possibility to look into.

:one

Best answer ever! Couldn't have been put down better.

Have you tried getting married at the Yemeni embassy? Interfaith marriages are not that common here, though they do occur. I would suggest that you either get your marriage attested at the Yemeni embassy or if possible, the American embassy. 
My wife and I share the same faith but come from two very different countries, and it was a challenge to get married here. Sometimes the problem is not with the system but with the bureaucrats responsible for implementing the system that is the problem. I hope you are able to find a solution and I wish you all the best.

The problem is that you don't have a residency, what if you asked your employer to make an iqama for you? This would make your mission easier..

Good luck and happy marriage to both of you..