Procedure for Conversion (certified) into Islam and Marriage in Saudi

Assal Aliakum,

I have Two Queries about Conversion into Islamic Religion and then Marriage in Saudi Arabia.

First query is that, one of my Filipina Colleague who is working with the company, Iqama Holder, a Christian need to change her religion and want to convert herself in Islamic Religion. What is the Legal Procedure for conversion to Islam and who will issue the Certificate for that conversion.

Second query, what is the Legal Procedure to marry here in Saudi Arabia with that Filipina lady. What are the requirements and documentations to be resented in the Qazi Office. I need answer in detail by considering my situation am being already FIRST MARRIED, and want to enter and perform my "Second Marriage" with this Filipina.

Appreciate for early response and more in details.

Quoting from an existing thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=119491

Thanks to @izzya.

izzya wrote:

OK...here is where we are at: For two Muslims to be married, of different nationalities, with the woman not having wali....The woman, (if she is a convert) must have the original conversion certificates, a letter from her work stating she has the employers permission to marry, her original igama, divorce papers if any, translated to arabic and stamped from her embassy, and two witnesses. The man has to have a letter from a Shiek from a mosque stating that he is of good character. Then you make the appointment, then everything else is what you said. Hope this helps someone else.....

Hello
you have to go with your love to Islamic Office because she will tell them she want to be muslim then they give you paber that she is muslim then ask them how you change there stuts in Iqama after that go to Qazee to get married

anees_always4u wrote:

Assal Aliakum,

I have Two Queries about Conversion into Islamic Religion and then Marriage in Saudi Arabia.

First query is that, one of my Filipina Colleague who is working with the company, Iqama Holder, a Christian need to change her religion and want to convert herself in Islamic Religion. What is the Legal Procedure for conversion to Islam and who will issue the Certificate for that conversion.

Second query, what is the Legal Procedure to marry here in Saudi Arabia with that Filipina lady. What are the requirements and documentations to be resented in the Qazi Office. I need answer in detail by considering my situation am being already FIRST MARRIED, and want to enter and perform my "Second Marriage" with this Filipina.

Appreciate for early response and more in details.

Waalaikum Salam,
1st, if the girl is christian and needed to embrace islam she must go to islamic center for girls to take shahada and by then she needed to attend some teaching about islam every friday. then the shiek or an uztad in islamic center will take her to the court with some newly embrace people to take shahada and to give some points of view from mutawa's. after the mutawa's lecture he will sign the certificate saying that they are fully pledge muslim. this certificate is needed to change your iqama into islam, the sponsor will do the rest as long you provide the requirements.
   2nd) both of you must be muslim, your marrying filipina so you need 4 witnesses must all be filipino handling an iqama islam, if the girls parents is here with her much better they needed to come too if not the judge will be the parent witness. good luck.

@anees_always4u hello I have the same issue but with opposite sides I'm the muslim woman and a good Filipino man from my work has converted and wants to marry me and nor me or him know the process to marry here in ksa also I don't have a male guardian in my country or here so what do you think I should  do regarding this matter?

Hello and hope your well.

Thank you all for your message.

You can find some information on the page Getting Married in Saudi Arabia

Have a nice day

Mickael

Expat.com - Team

@shahynaz mamdouh same issue and also the procedure how i already go to makhama and they said its not there anyone who can help

Assalamu alaikkum please guide me I'm already a few years ago. before marriage she has converted to Islam now I'm in Saudi Arabia I want to get my wife like visit viza what is the procedure I have to follow I've to make any changes in her passport because still in passport name is old one is tha any issues?I have marriage certificate also and what I need else pls let me know any one guide me.

@shahynaz mamdouh

Getting married in the KSA is not the easiest way to get your wedding certificate. Here are some of the most important requirements that all Muslim ex-pats need to fulfill before getting married in Saudi Arabia.

The bride and the Groom both must have residence permit known and Iqama

The bride must have her sponsor's permission in a written form

Both of the spouses must agree to the marriage terms and conditions

All the religious practices to get married must be performed and both bride and the groom must agree to them

Both the marriage ceremony and license will take place at Saudi family courts

An approval letter from the competent authority must be provided with a couple of witnesses

A pre-marriage medical test report must also be provided

The representative of the bride and the groom must be physically present

The guardian of the bride must also be present.

I case of a revert getting married in KSA will want some more documents attested by the concerned embassies.  Of course the Islamic Center where you took Shahadah will obviously Guide and help you through the process,

If you don't want to get into a long process of documentation, then choose to get married online or go for a destination wedding.

Good day. I have a question. Me and my boyfriend decided to convert to Islam. we received a temporary shahada certificate. Is this the one needed for marriage? Thank you.