Wish to be with the woman I love.

Hello,  my name is Dylan. I have a girlfriend who I love dearly living in Surabaya. I have been there twice to be with her. I love Indonesia and the people. But most importantly I love my girlfriend. We have so much in common and I would  love to marry her some day soon. I am a 43 year old Australian man and I desperately wish to move to Surabaya. I wish to gain employment and accommodation there so we can build on our relationship. If anyone can give advice or assist in any way it would be greatly appreciated.

Pretty simple stuff .. to a point.
You can enter Indonesia on a tourist visa and legally marry.
You'll need a certificate of no impediment and a legalised birth certificate.
You must be of the same religion.
Married to an Indonesian means you will be able to get a KITAS limited stay permit but that does not allow work of any sort. Immigration are keeping close eyes out for scam marriages so expect home visits and so on.
To work you'll need to be able to prove you have skills unavailable from an Indonesian worker and have an appropriate degree, health check, be clear of drugs and a bunch of other stuff.

Thanks for your information, it is greatly appreciated. I am also looking into other types of visas . I am prepared to do any types of work. Luckily we have the same religion, so with some more networking hopefully I can achieve my goal. Greatly appreciated.

Any work you do will require a work permit before you can get a KITAS.
The only way you can get legal work if if you can do a job that an Indonesian can't do AND you're qualified AND experienced in that job AND you fill all other requirements.
What sort of work are you looking for?

Accommodation is easy as there are a million places to rent or you can buy as long as you have either a pre or post nup agreement that says you don't own any land you by as a couple.
The latter is a lawyer job.

I have worked mostly in horticulture and gardening, in supervisory positions for local and state government in Australia. Also I have worked in the auctioneer business as my parents own their own auction. Some hospitality work and also in construction. So it may be difficult for me to find work in Surabaya.

I have worked in the disability sector also and I am currently studying also to be a counselor

None of the above will be available to you in Indonesia as there are plenty of Indonesians able to do these things.

I think when you marry an Indonesian women and live in Indonesia you can apply for a KITAP instead of a KITAS. A KITAP is valid for 5 years and the application can be done by yourself and your wife (whereas for a KITAS you need to go through an (expensive) visa agent).
If you need income I think you should try to stay in Australia and live there with your wife.

^
Close, but not quite right.

You can apply for a KITAS limited stay permit for the first two years, then convert to a KITAP after two years of marriage.

The former doesn't allow work; the latter allows informal work without a work permit.