Kartu Keluarga

Good afternoon,

Is there any one on a kitas (and not kitap) who managed to be quoted on his Indonesian wife's (or husband) Kartu Keluarga (family card)?
Since our daughter is born my wife needs to renew it and apparently only kitap holders are allowed to act as Kelapa Keluarga ( head of family )? That's why I wonder if some managed to at least appear on it so this makes the bond of our family otherwise we have to show our Akta Perkawinan every time.

The relevant Catatan Sipil is in Lumajang and it appears that they have no clue how to deal with foreigners regarding KK!
I knew we would have trouble since the day they ask for my passport to be legalized!! I'm not sure they even know what is a kitas honestly..

Also they request that my SKTT has to be from Lumajang which is impossible actually..

Yes it's hard time as always..

Catatan Sipil in most places don't deal with foreigners much at all, and the busy places generally only issue SKTT as the foreigners are usually workers not married to Indonesians.

Foreigners on KITAS should not be on the KK but foreigners on KITAP should. Not that the rules make much difference as Catatan Sipil officers I've had dealings with over the years either don't know or don't care most of the time.

Your SKTT should be issued by the area office covered by your address and nowhere else, that meaning the KK and SKTT should be from the same office.

Your SKTT requires a valid passport with a KITAS stamp and a letter from your RT/RW along with a few other bits and bobs they're likely to ask for.

Hi Fred thanks about all that but I am aware of these things already..

Expect that you answered my question which was can a Kitas holder be on the wife KK and you said no.

But I am not trying to get my own KK..

My Indonesian of a wife and I are living and working in Bali where we had a baby few weeks ago.

Her KTP is from Lumajang so we have to deal with the Capil in there.

They said cannot place me on the KK because no Kitap but they seem to not know exactly and also on a KK there is a "Kitas/Kitas number" mention that's why I wonder.
And finally they ask that my SKTT must be from lumajang despite the fact that my wife should be enough for them.

Wired

You should not be on a KK of any sort until you have a KITAP but I know of at least one expat that managed.

Assuming your wife is your sponsor...

Your SKTT should be issued from the same office that deals with your wife's KTP.

Your wife's KK can only be issued from that office.

Your KITAS should have been issued by the immigration office that covers your wife's address.

You should also have reported to the nearest local police station to your KITAS address.

If your address has changed, you must report to the issuing immigration and inform them of the move, then to the new local immigration to register with them but that needs your wife's KTP to be at the new address.
Then a new SKTT, police report (STM) and so on, all starting with a letter from your old RW and a surat domisili from your new RW.

If your KITAS is company sponsored, the issuing office for your SKTT is whatever one covers your KITAS address and the STM comes from the nearest local police station to your KITAS address, all this having nothing to do with your wife's listed address.

Well indeed my wife is my kitas sponsor and the company I work for only processed the imta.

About the insuance of kitas, you say it should have been done by the immigration office related to my wife's ktp address but if so how to explain that people are prior to contact the closest immigration from domicile? As a worker in Bali I have an adress here and the local banjar (RW) provided me (sold me actually) paper needed by the Capil to make SKTT.

Also Kitas is finally E-itas as I don't have a card because it's all online and nationally accessible by all offices throughout the country.

That's why I think that they just want to be a trouble towards me.

But no kitas on a KK, I know!
You know why in the KK there is a space for Kitas/Kitap and passport number?

You shouldn't do that as the SKTT should be at the same address as the KITAS. The admin office should have asked for your KITAS as proof of your immigration status before issuing the SKTT.
The same applies to the police when you report for an STM.

If your wife sponsors you, just MUST be at the same address as her AND all your paperwork should be at that address.
To get the KITAS, your wife must have given immigration a copy of her KTP and your KITAS should only be registered at that address.
You can move any time you like but you MUST report the move to immigration, the police and the local area admin office.

I understand the eKITAS still has a physical card, that being a plastic card containing biometric data rather than the old style paper card. As I no longer have any immigration status, I would need someone to confirm that.

If you are found to live at a different address to that you gave immigration, you could be arrested and even deported.

While we're on the go, all documents from local officials should be free of charge but it's still common to offer a 'thank you' in an envelope. That's slowing dying out as the KPK get their teeth into corruption.

Yes it should be I know that.. but I can confirm that I've been asked for money at almost every step of process in the past. You want a paper you have to pay. You want to complain you don't get the paper. That's a circle.

Ok so I note that adress have to be sames and there are actually. I have always done as officials told me. All is in order here. Immigration stated on my kitas the adress in Bali and SKTT has the same and of course they asked me tons of papers of proofs of residency.

Again, please if you know tell me why on anybody KK there is a room to fulfill Kitas/Kitap and passport number if Kitas is not allowed?

And by the way with my e-itas I don't have any card only a registration number. I only use my SKTT as local id.

And last, non-Balinese-ktp holders possess a kipem which state their adress in Bali.
When I've done my Kitas, imigrasi used the adress on my wife's kipem to set mine and not her ktp adress. So all is in order.

Again, please if you know tell me why on anybody KK there is a room to fulfill Kitas/Kitap and passport number if Kitas is not allowed?

Welcome to Indonesia

And by the way with my e-itas I don't have any card only a registration number. I only use my SKTT as local id.

Things could have changed but it seems odd as there should be no way you can get an SKTT without a physical copy of your KITAS as well as your passport.
The same goes for your driving licence and STM.

I wonder if there's anyone out there with an eKITAS that can confirm no card is issued, or there should be one.

As a matter of fact there is none and it wasn't a problem with me at Capil for SKTT. It's only a piece of paper with the kitas and niora number.
It's like an electronic plane ticket, it exists but we don't have it.
Thank you Fred anyway.

Keyser and Fred----  No KITAS card issued by immigrasi- only a green stamp on the passport page next to the visa slip (whole page) which is stamped "used" on the return entry. The SKTT and the SMDP are cards. Fred is correct in his articles above in that only the local agency in which you are recorded as residing can deal with you. If your current address is different then it must be changed accordingly. Less questions why and more action on do.  Welcome to Indonesia. Any trouble with officials can be adjudicated through the local legal affairs office. Let them do the leg work where you do have the legal entitlement. In the case of forms, each area office is different and the question of why has no relevance. A hard copy (PDF) of your permit is provided and with your passport can be used to get SDMP and SKTT in that order. Source information is from my own experience upon marriage in April 2017. The comments by Fred are correct- simple.

Simple indeed

Hi everyone. My child is a KITAP holder for unlimited time, and under 18 yo (non-dual citizenship). Will my child get a SKTT valid for 5 years (as a KITAP holder) or only valid for 1 year (the same like KITAS holder)?