LASIK Recommendations

I am currently looking at having the LASIK procedure done on both of my eyes. I am just wanting to get feedback from you guys.

I have looked at the other past posts here in the forums but much of the information that was shared seemed biased or simply hearsay.

Some of the places I have been looking into:

American Eye Center (District 7)
Mat Saigon (Many Locations)
FV Hospital (District 7)
Cao Thang Eye Hospital (District 5)

I am interested to know if you have had experiences with LASIK here and even better if you can speak to the actual experience with a specific place.

Cost is a big factor for me, but obviously we are talking about eyes so safety is of course number one concern.

Thank you very much for your advice!

I had my LASIK procedure at Cao Thang Eye Hospital!

They gave me two options for LASIK:

• Bladed -  Microkeratome
• Bladeless - Femtosecond Laser

I went the bladeless option which was nearly twice as expensive as the bladed option at 42 million dong (1900 USD). Consultation and screening (500k dong - 22 USD) took maybe an hour and eligibility was determined maybe 5 minutes later.

The doctor went over the cost and LASIK options available and gave me her card for when/if I was ready to choose a procedure and appointment date. I was not rushed whatsoever.

The actual LASIK procedure took maybe 15 minutes. My eyes were unbearably uncomfortable for the first day but my vision had already improved tremendously.  A few check-ups and half a year later - my eyes are better than ever, vision is still superb, and no dry eyes!

As for American Eye Center (District 7), these were their prices:

• Bladed -  Microkeratome (42 million dong - 1900 USD)
• Bladeless - Femtosecond Laser (62 million dong - 2800 USD)

@Kupo

Thank you for the information and for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear that it certainly sounds like a success story. I had not yet received pricing from Cao Thang Eye Hospital, so that is very helpful.

I have received pricing from American Eye Center, and it looks like they have gone down on their prices. Their bladed procedure is now 32 million VND. Though the initial consultation is 1,700,000 VND, that still is significantly less.

Thanks again!

Just wanted to post a quick update....

I pulled the trigger and had the LASIK procedure done with American Eye Center. The procedure itself was done at FV Hospital.

It went very well, and even though it has only been about 48 hours since the procedure, I am very pleased with the outcome. I am very happy with my vision and they tell me it is likely to continue to improve as my eyes heal completely.

If anyone here works for American Eye Center or FV Hospital, I would like to thank you, as all correspondence and interactions were handled very professionally.

I hope this is not too late, as I see your procedure was done in January, but I would like to strenuously recommend that you get formal medical records of the Lasik procedure including all the measurements from before and after the surgery.  The clinic doctors should know.  The reason for this is that later in life you may need cataract surgery, and if you have the records, your surgeon will be able to make an exact choice of which replacement lens to use.  I failed to do so and was fortunate that my ophthalmologist made a decent estimation.

It may seem ages away but like a lot of things, it will come sooner than you think.

THIGV,

Thank you very much for the recommendation. That sounds like something I should certainly do sooner rather than later. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your counsel in this matter.