Land

If you are looking for a piece of land or a country house,I can help you with my expirience.There are beautiful places here in Paraguay.
Regards

Hello hellofreedom, Welcome on board :)

May be you can help us by writing a participative guide article that we can publish in the Accommodation in Paraguay section?

Regards

r u a realtor?   in your opinion which has the nicest features of the country without being to far away from "civilization"  thanks area

Hi Sir, firstly I'm no retailer.

Where is the best places in Py... well, that's for each one to decide for himself.Some like to stay close to Asuncion (Capital) other people like to be close to CDE because from there its just a jump over the bridge into Brazil and others find closer to Encarnación more attractive because its again, just a jump over the bridge into Argentina and the climate is a bit more cooler down there than the rest of Paraguay.

AND then you have the HOLE of EAST-PARAGUAY in-between those 3 points from where you can choose too. Even if our Gov. doesn't really do something and our Presi is more in the exterior than at home, one thing they've at least been doing is building more tar-roads, which has made lots of parts -previously  virtually inaccessible- into prime property spots.

thank you i will check my maps , google earth and explore the possibilities  bg

is there a special reason you chose Asuncion?

Atyra is a very nice and peaceful city, it was nominated as of of the cleanest cities in the world. Is in Cordillera department, in an area of hills, very nice place to live. Very calm and peacegul.

Cordillera(caacupe, tobati, san bernardino, aregua) misiones (villa florida, san ignacio) itapua (the south east of the state, and encarnacion) alto parana (santa rita, c d este) Are good choices if you dont wanna live in asuncion.

thanks

We've got a place in Chore in Dpt San Pedro. It's only about 3 hours from Asuncion and not too far from Santani. It's got some beautiful rolling hills and the river isn't too far from us either. The only problem is the "campesinos sin tierra." But, there seems to be more of a problem with them a little further north than where we are.

Hi to all again.
Sitting on a bus yesterday coming back to Asu. I sat alongside a guy that came from "Rio Verde" Not too-o-o from where Diego2001 mentions they have a place. Asked him what he thought about the security situation there.Told me the same thing as Diego. I've never been that far up north, but as a expat, I don't think I'll ever go and buy a piece of land up there, just because of those peasants without land.Looking for trouble that would be.

Jfinestra mentioned Atyra, and Atyra sure is nice (and clean :cool:) My personal favourite though is a stretch of road that's between Paraguari and Piribebuy.If ever I would be able to build a week-end house it will be there somewhere.

And no brucegallo, there was no special reason we moved to Asu. It just happened that way. Today I sit here and wonder "what if we instead went to Foz de Iguazu  and gave it there a try, what would have happened... 
But "what if's" doesn't bring anyone anywhere, so we're now here, and to hell with what could have been.

fair enough its where the  road leads you i guess   thank you for you input bg

Hey Nic'oPY, the only time that there seem to be issues with the "campesinos" is with those who have large plots of land of 1000's+. We're at 50ha so we are way under their limit...so I hear. Never been to Piribebuy but from what I've seen in pictures it looks beautiful

Yes Diego, what you say is certainly true, and what's more, they normally only go for pieces of land that still has virgin forest on them... (Just so that the folks that read this from the outside understand a bit better) They invade those pieces of land, then cut down all the valuable tree's and sell them, then they sell that piece of land and move on, or invasions are politically\economically motivated with some dark force financing them...