Close

New members of the Ireland forum, introduce yourself here – 2017

You are aware of Irelands house crisis are you?
Dublin is a fab city and great people, always loved the city but the housing crisis in Ireland is getting dramatic. Huge demand nada supply and rents going through the roof.
www.daft.ie is one of the main rental sites in Ireland.
I honestly wish you good luck!

Yes, I am aware of the crisis. It's an unfortunate situation which will undoubtedly make my search more difficult. However, I'd like to stay positive. I've been looking on daft.ie, which has quite a few options although the monthly rental prices can be hefty. Any suggestions on nice areas to start my search would be greatly appreciated.

Hi everyone,
Martina here, from the US and currently living in Hawaii but looking for property on the west coast of Ireland. Fell in love with Ireland a few years ago and have been visiting there at least 3 times a year now and can't get enough of it so decided that it's time to call a place my own over there.
And yes, I love the rain and the bog and the change of seasons 4x a day and it doesn't bother me in the slightest. Absolutely delighted with it.
I am a musician and already know lots of people and fellow musicians over there, but it's always good to know more!
Looking for advice on buying property and if prices stated on daft.ie are firm or if negotiation is possible? Someone there once told me that buyers never pay what's listed, but not sure if that's entirely accurate. Hoping someone here might have some realtor savvy or understanding of how it's done. If so, PM me please. :)
Happy to be here, nice to meet you!

Expatriate health insurance in Ireland

Free advice and quotation service to choose an expat health insurance in Ireland

Moving to Ireland

Find tips from professionals about moving to Ireland

Travel insurance in Ireland

Enjoy stress-free travel to Ireland

Flights to Ireland

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Ireland

2 million members!

Watch later