Why is Ireland is hiring out side of Ireland

Hello,

My husband and I have been trying to move out of the US while our children are young enough to appreciate it. We have been promised by his employer for almost 2 years that we will be in Spain this year. The Spainish economic crisis has made it impossible for us to go there. His company told us "no" last week.

We can look into Germany and Ireland as European possibilities. I have conducted some google searched and spoke with a few job recruiters, so now I wonder why there are so many software engineer jobs available in Dublin/Galway. It seems strange to me with such unemployment that the Irish should train and hire the Irish and not hire outside the country.  I am sure it is a supply/demand issue.. but wonder if it could be some other reason..

Irish recruitment companies are known to make "shill advertisements" in order to bait unsuspecting applicants to upload their résumés. They do this in order to try win future contracts with companies. In 2009, this was exposed. There's no regulation forbidding fake advertisements.

BOSTON MAMA wrote:

Hello,

My husband and I have been trying to move out of the US while our children are young enough to appreciate it. We have been promised by his employer for almost 2 years that we will be in Spain this year. The Spainish economic crisis has made it impossible for us to go there. His company told us "no" last week.

We can look into Germany and Ireland as European possibilities. I have conducted some google searched and spoke with a few job recruiters, so now I wonder why there are so many software engineer jobs available in Dublin/Galway. It seems strange to me with such unemployment that the Irish should train and hire the Irish and not hire outside the country.  I am sure it is a supply/demand issue.. but wonder if it could be some other reason..

Hello,

It is really bad in all Europe, not only in Spain :rolleyes:

To answer your question : because there are not enough IT professionals in Ireland and Germany !

+ for the better financial climate (read: lower taxes) in Ireland several companies have relocated (or are in the process of doing so in the near future).
Paypal opening a BIG customer care center in Dundalk, Apple doing the same in/near Cork, EON (Energy company), Radio Systems moving from the UK to Ireland, Dublin has a lot there also.

If I were you, I would choose Ireland over Germany, as there will be no language barrier here (well, with regards to Irish pronunciation maybe a very small one, just kiddinŽ)

I agree with both users above me.
ALL Europe is in crise. That's why Europeans are migrating to other countries seeking better job opportunities and better life. Jobs are scarce in Europe they are laying off like nobody's business. It's belived that Europe is a sinking ship.

Germany has a big shortage of IT Professionals and the pay is better compared to the cost of living. In Ireland, these jobs are usually the first in the firing line during any austerity or recession. HP and Dell laid off over 2,000 jobs in Ireland over the past 3 years. I wish you the best but I would caution against coming to Ireland right now.

BOSTON MAMA wrote:

Hello,

hello :) can i ask a question? why are you looking to move from the U.S? and i live in argentina they have created a workng holiday visa with ireland. i was like...wow really? lol.