Hi all

Hi all, I am new here. I am considering to move to Ireland. I am not sure yet. Hope to talk here with some people. I am Dutch.

Hi, Theresia. Do you know what part of Ireland you are interested in yet? Best wishes.

No, not yet. I prefer a very quiet place on the coast, but there must be a busstation or trainstation. I have no car or driving license. I like to live on the seaside.

I am thinking on Cork or Kerry, but also Northern Ireland. It also depends on where to find a job or to do a study. I am very interesting in Irish History. Does Cork has a lot of studies to offer?

In October I hope to move to Ireland or Northern Ireland. I think about living in Dublin or Belfast.

If you would like to live near the sea then I would definitely recommend Donegal. Great place..:)

Well if she has no car and no driving license, I'm not sure that's a good idea for Donegal even if I'm agree about place.

It's really quiet ... Too quiet ... (Dead area ? LoL :-P).

Go for Dublin and if you enjoy to go on the coasts/sea sides you could still do it when you'll have some days off or during the week ends.

You could easily do it from Dublin by taking the bus, DARTS, train (Donegal, Bray, Dun Lapghaire and many other places ^^).

You will have to find out the best trade-off between where you want to live and to avoid at the same difficulties to find a job or not having any issues about the time to spend in order to go from your home to your work place ;)

Keep in mind that the more far you'll be from Dublin and the more difficulties it would be for you to find a decent job and especially to have a larger choice. If you had a car and a driving license, the scenario would be completely different.

Best of luck ;)

Kind Regards,

Portgas D. Ace
(R.)

I have no car and no driving license :(. Thank you Portgas D. Ace for your reply :). Yes, from many people I heard Dublin is the best place for jobs. I have to make a choice between Dublin and Belfast. Both cities attract me. Belfast has also a lot to offer. I changed my mind a little from living at the seaside.

Thank you Alice53 :). Do you live in Donegal at the moment? It is very beautiful there. I was there once on a holiday.

Nope i dont live there but i have friends that do..was thinking in terms of the best seaside location for you..But Dublins great..and maybe if Dublin doesnt work, dont be afraid to look in the surrounding areas like lucan, lexslip, Maynooth. That kind of thing!..:D

I am since five weeks in Dublin and like it a lot!

Great, I am glad to hear you are enjoying it here.  I was going to suggest Bray or Wicklow.

I am now working at Hewlitt and Packard in Leixlip. Also living in Leixlip. I work and live there now since three weeks.

I have been in Bray! Very beautiful there.