New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 1st quarter of 2017

Hi all,

Newbie on the Netherlands forum? Don't know how to start?

This thread is for you ;)

We invite you to introduce yourself on this topic, to share with us your expat story if you are already living in the country, or to tell us more on your expat projects in the Netherlands if you are planning to move there.

It will enable us to help you better but above all to wish you a warm welcome.

Welcome on board!

PD : The thread New members of the Netherlands forum, introduce yourself here – 4th quarter of 2016 continues below!

Hi all

Also a newby. My surname is a Nederland surname. I have worked an farms before. I have also been working at the fire station.

I am a kickboxer and have represendet South Africa in Mauritius. Have over 60 fights. I am 18 years of age and im seeking for a job in Nederland , because its such a stunning place and the people are verry friendly. My goal is the learn and explore Nederland

Hello everybody!
My name is MAtilde Tommasini and I'm from Italy
I've been living in the netherlands for three years now studying iin Codartd to become a professional dancer!
I'm looking for a job in Rotterdam asap because i have to pay my school fee..
I hope to hear from anybody really soon!
thank you all in advance
Matilde

Hi guys

I am also new to the Netherlands. I moved here with my wife. We love the openness of the Netherlands people. So friendly and welcoming.
I am a qualified Physiotherapist. I've worked for 6 years already in South Africa. I am currently looking for work in the Carpentry business. I have been designing and building wooden furniture the last 2 years and I love it. I love working with my hands and would love to learn more.

Albert Potgieter

Malaysian in The Hague

Hello, Expat in NL who has been living here past 7 yrs, I was initially based in Den haag and now based in Limburg. Starting march will be moving to Utrecht on work. Am looking to connect with other expats but also provide help and advise on various issues faced with moving and adapting to life in NL

Hi everyone.
I am new to this site and on an information seeking course to make my dreams come true. If you take the time to view my profile it will basically explain what I am about.
I would like to make new friends here and get some information about obtaining a visa to retire in the Netherlands.
I also would like to buy a house to live in and maybe another couple to rent out so as to generate an income there. I don't know if this is possible and I have not been able to research any information on the net to date, so I am asking for help. Any information I get would be a bonus.
Thank you for reading my post.
Steve K

Hi Steve and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools section, where you'll find links to various articles you may find useful in planning your move.

As an Australian, you do not have to go through the integration exams, but I think you'll have to go through the temporary resident process.

My advice at this stage is to contact the Dutch Embassy/Consulate nearest to where you live in Australia and ask them to supply the information you need.

As to buying/renting properties; plenty of that goes on in Holland, especially in the expat market places in the West.  This link (warning , it's a few years old) may give you some ideas.

Hope this helps.

Hi Cynic
Thank you for your reply. You provided me with 2 excellent links with lots of information that I had trouble finding myself.
The property link was quite interesting to read even if it is a little old, however the basic information is still valid.
The embassy link was just a wealth of information. I must have put the wrong words into Google when I searched as I did not find this before. I guess I just asked questions in Google when I searched and it gave me alternate sites that were quite useless.
Thanks again. I will now progress further.
Regards
Steve

HI Guys,

I am originally from Morocco,living in US for over 7 years now and I am US citizen as well. I am getting married next year and planing to live and work in North of Netherlands.
My fiance lives in Heerenven and I will be living in the same town,so I need advice on how to find work as accounting and finance professional who does not speak Dutch.Where can I start, how can I find a job, what are the cities that provides more jobs near Heerenven thank you.

Hi"
I am elvie and  I am living now here in zandaam..
I am just only visit for only every 3 months"
I am looking for my kababayan filipino here..
Would you kindly please where is there exactly gathered when they are all together?
I would love to meet and see them"
                           More power and thank you so very Much,
                           Sincerely yours"
                            Elvie

USexpat2017 wrote:

HI Guys,

I am originally from Morocco,living in US for over 7 years now and I am US citizen as well. I am getting married next year and planing to live and work in North of Netherlands.
My fiance lives in Heerenven and I will be living in the same town,so I need advice on how to find work as accounting and finance professional who does not speak Dutch.Where can I start, how can I find a job, what are the cities that provides more jobs near Heerenven thank you.

To be honest, Friesland is the most rural region of Netherlands and so, there aren't any international companies or English-speaking job, because there are only local companies and offices.
There is a Business Park but all companies are Dutch, even financial council.
Look on this map (with zoom) all companies standing in Hereveen and try to contact them to know if you can find a job without Dutch.
https://www.google.fr/maps/place/Heeren … d5.9205217
Even for temporary job, you have to speak Dutch.
By train, you are at less than two hours of Amsterdam... It could be an alternative...

Also, you could use the free Dutch language courses offered in all Dutch cities (lasting six months).

Thanks a lot,I guess I have to learn dutch if I want to find a job in Friesland area.I just started learning dutch though.

Try to learn intensively and practice with your wife, because you must have a very good level to work.

WOW! that's a challenge thanks a lot for your insights God bless you.Do you speak Dutch?

Hi Gabi and welcome to the Forum.

At the top of the page is our Handy Tools section which contains articles that may be of use to you in planning your move.

A lawyer (Advocaat) is a regulated profession in the EU; this link will take you to the relvant website that will help you get your diploma recognised in Holland; the "useful link" it gives for further information is actually not very useful as it takes you a dead link, so I've hunted it down here; unfortunately it's only in Dutch, which brings me on to my next point - language.

In my opinion, unless you get a job with a multi-national that works in English, you are  unlikely to get any decent job if you don't speak the local language.  Leiden is mid-way between Amsterdam and Den Haag, so is a good commute, so my advice is to start on the legal recruiters in those places (link here); maybe try Linked-In?

Hi everyone, I have an apartment in Amsterdam near the park and have furniture, carpets, lamps, bedding, tv, plants, etc. to sell. I am moving back to the states. It's two years old in excellent condition and from Ikea. If anyone is interested. Thanks!

Welcome the site, I am moving next year as well and hoping to learn move dutch by the time.

I getting  married next year. Any tips on how to find a job in Heerenveen or near by cities thanks to all.

Jbfigs50 wrote:

Hi everyone, I have an apartment in Amsterdam near the park and have furniture, carpets, lamps, bedding, tv, plants, etc. to sell. I am moving back to the states. It's two years old in excellent condition and from Ikea. If anyone is interested. Thanks!

Your reply is  :offtopic: as this thread is only created to introduce new members to our Dutch community.

You can add a free ad in the classifieds section above the page which is a more appropriate place. You can provide more details such as pictures, prizes and contact details.
You'll get better reviews than here on the open forum.

USexpat2017 wrote:

Welcome the site, I am moving next year as well and hoping to learn move dutch by the time.

I getting  married next year. Any tips on how to find a job in Heerenveen or near by cities thanks to all.

There are several threads started about how to find a job. My advice is to browse through these threads. There are also some guidance available under the handy tools section which you can read.

Good luck with your job hunting.

Thanks for the tips

Thanks for tips I appreciate it

ErikaFrouws wrote:

Hi there,

I am from Cape Town, South Africa and have a question about Dutch citizenship.

My father was born in the Netherlands and came to South Africa at the end of the 1950's when he was still a child. He eventually gave up his citizenship and obtained a South African passport.

Would it in any way still be possible for me to obtain Dutch citizenship? I am actually from a very old Dutch family (Frouws) we have a family tree going back to the 1600's.  :)

I would appreciate any input or suggestions.

Erika

Hi Erika and welcome to the Forum. :)

This link will take you to the Dutch IND website section that will answer your questions.  Unfortunately, your heritage will not change the circumstances of whether or not you can claim citizenship.

Best of luck in your quest. :)

Hi everyone!

Newbie here :) It would be awesome to find good companions here (fellow Filipino women) or anybody. I just got here in the Netherlands last year and establishing a new group of friends would be a perfect goal. I look forward to meeting good fellows here. Have a nice day! :)

Hello!!

I'm new to the Netherlands! I just moved here with my husband about a week ago from Seattle, Washington, USA. We relocated nearly half way around the world so I could take an amazing job opportunity here as a UX Designer. My husband has a farming and construction background and we hope to find him a job shortly!

During our adventures in the Netherlands, we plan to travel frequently and explore Europe to the best of our abilities. After all, the Dutch permit a LOT of vacation days.

Thank you,
Sara Weinand

Hi all ,I'm  new here .I'm waiting for the IND advice to move to the Netherlands. I have been reading all the threads about the waiting period for the positive advice from the IND.We applied for the mvv last month 29 March and l must say the waiting is killing me hahaha!!!   
Regards
Keisha

Hallo.
New in NL..
We applied in February and still waiting  ;)

:( l guess we have to wait and be patient even though its really hard

Hi All - Im moving over in Jan with my family (wife and 2 kids), from Durban South Africa, anybody on the site from Mzanzi
Cheers Peter

Yes PoshyK . Problem cause holidays and a lot of non working days..
It is hard but we can't do anything
It will be ok  :top:

NatasaMilosevic that's the spirit ;) y

sweinand wrote:

Hello!!

I'm new to the Netherlands! I just moved here with my husband about a week ago from Seattle, Washington, USA. We relocated nearly half way around the world so I could take an amazing job opportunity here as a UX Designer. My husband has a farming and construction background and we hope to find him a job shortly!

During our adventures in the Netherlands, we plan to travel frequently and explore Europe to the best of our abilities. After all, the Dutch permit a LOT of vacation days.

Thank you,
Sara Weinand

YOur hubby needs to study Dutch to find a job in farms or construction... It's not NL which have a lot of vacation days, it's USA which haven't it enough ;)

waiting for what?  :)

Huh?

Hi,

I invite you to follow this topic on this new thread:
https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=679385

Thanks!

Closed