Car parking_street vs garage

Hi All,

Most of you know the pro's and con's of parking in street/garage.

As per my understanding. + and -
Street
-------

+Free of cost
+It can be just in-front of my apartment

-or 2 KM away.
-Finding a free parking space and remembering it everytime.
-someone can scratch by mistake
-Someone can steal

If i get a free parking space in my street, can i park my car for a week or longer?

Is there any restriction like 'no parking' at street cleaning time?

Garage
-----

+Safe
+You know where your car is and you didnt have to remember the place each and every time.
+No climate related issues

-Payed (60 to 100 Euro/month)?

Hope someone who owns a car will know more about these things.. could you please comment/advice on this?

Kind regards
Athul

My 2 cents..

https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/info/545107 … n-tarieven

All cities or communes group the available street parking slots and classify into zones. Based on the type of the zone, different rules apply - like the maximum duration one can park in one stretch, is the street free or paid, what are the tariffs, etc. Also at the start of each street, as you may have noticed stands a sign indicating what is the parking policy in that street.

Is there any restriction like 'no parking' at street cleaning time?
-> Not in my knowledge. Again, refer to the parking zone map from official website.

Hope this helps :)

Yes, it helps :)

I also fond this link  for residence parking https://www.antwerpen.be/nl/info/56126c … r-bewoners

You will have to look at the parking availability of your neighborhood. If it is a busy street with shops then you'll have a hard time finding parking during the day. If it is a residential area, you'll have a hard time parking at night. Then take a look at the traffic boards that have to do with parking rules in the area. There are parts when you have to put the blue timer plate on your dashboard which will allow you to park for at least 2 hours. Then there are boards that allows you to park on one side for the first half of the month and the other side for the second half of the month. There are spots where only residents in the area are allowed to park. There are areas where only paid parking is allowed. There are areas where, if you are a resident, you can apply for a resident sticker from the city hall. Then there are places where parking is absolutely not allowed.

If you can afford it, it would give you a lot of peace of mind if you rented a parking spot.

True, didn't though parking is a big problem like this. I will search for renting a parking spot.