Recommendations for property websites

We are looking to purchase a property in Bulgaria, with the aim to create a semi sufficient home. Now, I have gone through the internet and read the horror stories regarding different agencies etc. Now, does anyone have any actual recommendations for a estate agency? Someone they, themselves have used and had experience with as feel a bit overwhelmed with all the websites.

Thanks

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Depends where you wish to go or be in Bulgaria.
Stephen_T is an agent and a poster here sometimes.
I have a couple fo recommendations also  if you wish so PM me as
advertising is not permitted here.

Good luck

Hello Lisa,

If you are looking in the Dobrich/Varna region I know of a very honest and competent Bulgarian lady who speaks good english whom I can highly recommend.
I have completed two purchases with her and cannot find any fault

As for the self sufficient home - I am also planning to have an energy sufficient home - maybe exchange ideas.

PM me if you are interested.

Hi, I can happily reccomend Ideal Homes, in Veliko Tarnovo. Basically a one man band, Vesselin, very busy, but genuine.
pm me if you want further information.

Hi Lisa
I can highly recommend Veselin from Ideal homes in Veliko Turnovo...
We moved to BG a year ago and the guy is superb and we couldn't have done anywhere near as well as we did without his help..
if you want more details then feel free to drop me a line

And good luck it's the best thing we ever did.

Paul

Hi Paul, this post prompts me to thank you for recommending Vesselin/Ideal Homes to me last year - found our property through him, great guy, really helpful. Goes way beyond what he has to do.
So belated thanks for the recommendation!!

Thanks for that and no worries.. I am always wary about recommending anyone especially for something as big as moving countries but have no hesitation in recommending Ves as he is superb and as you say, goes above and beyond what you would expect from anyone..
I still call him now for advice... and we didn't end up buying our house through him. Yet he has helped us with so much.
I am glad he helped you out as well..
I sound like his manager lol but I'm not honest..

Having researched & visiting Bulgaria for the last 4 years I can highly recommend Ideal Homes (owner Vesalin Valchev).   He is extremely helpful, honest, accommodating & trustworthy.    With Ideal Homes you wont be mislead & he will help with all the other extra's as well such as residency, licenses, sorting out electrcic, phone & internet plus many other services.  Ves will tell you what areas are good & which are not.  What I also liked about Vesalin is that he did not hassle you like some agents did, but was available according to my deadlines.  I got so fed up with some agents e-mailing me & ringing me pushing me to use them

This is his webpage.  idealhomes-bg.com/en/home/p1/.html

Hi Lisa,

I would be glad to help if you are looking in or around Sofia, but it doesn't sound like it.
I can also recommend an agent for around Varna, I don't really know anyone outside these two main locations however.

The best site that everyone uses is imot.bg
I don't really feel like this is advertising because this is pretty much the only major property site in Bulgaria, something like 99% of all listed property goes through it. There is no English translation however :(

see my post on the topic Buying a house in Bulgaria.

Hi, Lisa
Where you want to buy a property in Bulgaria?
I can help you :)