I Need A Job and accomadation in Sofia

Hello good people of this forum,i am a Nigerian and
will soon move to Sofia Bulgaria to study at the New Bulgarian University,pls can someone be of good help to me by providing me with d basic infor on jobs and accommodations. Thanks all and God bless.

Hello Chigalaxy,

In which sector are you looking for a job? You can have a look at the vacancies available in the Jobs in Sofia section or post an advert there itself.
For accommodation please visit the Housing in Sofia section or post an advert there too.
Hope that helps.

Yours,
Pravin.

Thanks for ur reply,pls can anyone give me his or her phone. For easy contact. I will soon be in Sofia for school. I want to meet good friends how will help me get a part time job easily.

I will like to know if I can be able to get a shared flat of €50-€80 per month.I have checked the "HOUSING IN SOFIA" and they are quite expensive and to be sincerely I need a cheaper accommodation as a new comer,until when I will settle down fully and also working.Pls kindly help me,for real I can't wait to be in bulgaria before the end of september this year for my schooling.

Hello,
if you speak englis + french or spanish or another language I can help you.

No.  I speak and write only English Language. Thank You!

Hi, you could check the job offers in jobs.bg. You could switch language to English in the upper right corner. This site contains the most offers and there are many requiring language skills.
Besides, you could try to find a job as part time English teacher or customer support, as native speakers are always needed.

About housing - 50-80 Euros is only possible if you share the room with somebody or you rent a room in an apartment the owner lives in (rarely a pleasant experience:(). My advice is rather to ask the university whether they offer any accommodation options which are affordable or, when you are already in Sofia, to search for room mates or for students in other universities who have the right to live in a students residency, but for some reason (e.g. live with their boyfriend in a rented apartment) don't use this option. This is a kind of "illegal", but pretty common.

Another idea that comes to my mind is to search for an expat family who needs an English speaking babysitter and could offer accommodation. Then you'll have both job and place to stay.

I wish you good luck!:)

Foreign students usually don't have the right to work, unless from Bulgarian origin or from EU countries

Hi. Pls how can we not work. But all over the World even in my country,Foreigners work do work.Why is it different
In Bulgaria? But I see Foreigners working in a Multinational Company here in my Country. Even in UK,USA,Canada etc. People work. So pls explain to me Why,is not so in Bulgaria.

As far as I know, the students visa limits the employment, and candidates from non-Eu countries must wait for a job position to remain untaken by Bulgarian and EU nationals. Which in fact never happens because Bulgaria itself has high unemployment (both skilled and unskilled - the Roma).
But please ask the respective embassy / consulate. They should be able to give you the best explanation.

Thanks for the information.

Still looking for job ?