Marry with Indonesian

Dear all,
I am Vietnamese, my partner is Indonesian male. We are doing marry but We do not know the proceduce. We are both Buddhist. He lives in Sulawesi and I will live in Indonesia after marriage.
Any one know the procedure?
Thanks

You should contact your embassy and the Indonesian embassy in your home country for advice and also for temples and legal formalities. You could search for wedding planners. There is one called Eddie in Bali who is awesome.

http://www.eddiebaliweddingplanner.com

They might be able to give more advice and no In am not suggesting you marry in Bali but it could be easier.

Luke has a point about marriage in Bali (or anywhere else in Indonesia) as, if you intend to live here, it will make life easier with paperwork if your marriage documents are Indonesian.
I married abroad and that caused a few problems at first, but just means adding a few extra documents to the usual stuff now.
We still get the odd set of questions about the marriage being legal if we deal with a new official, but that's rare now.

I contacted Indonesia embassy in my country, they guided me legal documents, not mention about religious ceremony. Is it required for religious ceremony?
I am now 4 months pregnancy. I worry we can not get marry before I give birth. Is it difficult if we get marry after I give birth?
Will baby have dual citizenship if borned after marriage?
Thanks

He needs to get you a very large diamond and gold ring and put it on your finger, then things can start to go from there :-) ...no seriously contact your embassy is the best way forward, good luck

I am Belgian and I will marry my Indonesian girl friend in Belgium. I do this to avoid the possibility that the Belgian authorities later would declare the marriage as fake.
In my case I contacted the administration in the town hall of the town where I want to marry and they provided a list of documents I have to provide. Indonesian documents have to legalized, translated into Dutch and then the translation has to be legalized too.
After marriage in Belgium we will have to declare that marriage in Indonesia. The Indonesian Embassy in Belgium will probably help us there with information how to do that

To be legally married in Indonesia you need to have completed both religious and civil requirements. You also ensure that the wedding certificate is accepted in your home country or whether you need to complete more paperwork there.

All Embassies will provide information regarding marriage registration so that should always be a one the first places to visit.

u do not have to do both ceromonies...if u marry as muslum...u r automatically registerd ,,,christian..buddist  reg.:;;to civlil registery...the belgium guy ...does your country regcognize o/s marriages...Im Aussie and our law is that if a marriage anywhere in the world is legal in that country ..then it.s legal in Australia.there.s 2 courts here which is stupid..but that,s Indonesia...and their hypocrites...cus the 1974 marriage act goes against a muslum wedding...just dumb.

Each home nation has a different requirement. The UK requires both civil and religious service paperwork. Well it did 5 years ago when I was married. It might have changed.