Coming to Shanghai Real Soon...

Hi,
I am Malaysian, currently working in Singapore, I recently gotten a offer to work in Shanghai and it will happen real soon...

I have tonnes of concerns and worries pop up in my head... Hope to get some advices.

Does anyone know if RMB3800 enough for 1 bedroom aprt near Hong Qiao Airport? What will be the best mode of transportation travelling to work as my workplace is near to the airport...

Thanks.
Sharon

Welcome on the forum Sharon ;)

I hope that other members will bring their inputs to your discussion soon!

Best Regards :)

Sharon,

WELCOME! $3800RMB should be enough but you're not going to be living in anything luxurious. It'll be a nice, decent one bedroom probably. The best mode of traveling anywhere in Shanghai is by Subway. It's VERY easy to use and extremely inexpensive. It's generally 3rmb for a normal ride. You can buy a subway card and put money on it and use it in the subway easily and also in most taxis around town, which is VERY convenient. Taxis range from 12-15rmb per ride. I'm happy to answer any questions you have as I'm sure you have TONS! Feel free to visit our blog at: ShanghaiShangrila.blogspot.com. It'll probably give you a lot of useful information since we documented our journey here from the start. You can also contact me through the blog as well. I hope you enjoy living in Shanghai as much as we have. We absolutely love it!