Rent a flat or a house in Shanghai

Finding a place to live is a priority when settling in Shanghai. Your experience will be of a great help for the members who want to settle in Shanghai.

Therefore, we have prepared some questions for you:

Is it hard to find a flat or a house for rent in Shanghai?

How to find a home in Shanghai: classifieds, real estate portals, real estate agencies?

How much is the rental for a house, an apartment?

What are the formalities or the required documents for renting an accommodation?

Which advice would you give?

Thanks in advance for participating!

Hi,Christine.

Good question

up

up..

Hi !

As far as I know, you can find an apartment in one or two weeks at Shanghai, its kind of easy. Personally I found it in less than one week through the website homestayglobal.com, but you can also find a room on many other website, specialized or not, or through friends.

The prices are from 2000kuais to 3000kuais for a bedroom in a shared flat.

When you move into the apartment you have to give the first rental month plus between one to three months of deposit, so sometimes you have to give a fu***** amount of money the first month!

For what I remember, I just gave photocopies of my passport and VISA to the owner, however after moving in, you have to go to your local police station for registration, with your passport and flat agreement and owner's ID photocopy.

Well, that's it, hope it will be helpful!

Hello!

Thanks for your contribution MexV.

Harmonie.:)