Nice apartment for renting

Hello, I want to rent my own apartment in JinQiao, Pudong area, Shanghai.
It is located in North Yang Gao Road and Bo Xing Road, 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, 1 kitchen and one balcony. It is on the 9th floor, 109 square meters and there is an elevator. Inside the apartment there are TV, Washing machine, broadband, satellite TV, telephone (can be installed). 2 bedrooms with beds,  one study and it can be used as a bedroom too. Outside there are many nice restaurants around. You can get to Carrefour and Lotus supermarket and Wenfeng shopping mall by walking no more than 10 minutes.
Transportation: subway 6, bus 799, 995, 843, 716, 797, 984, 455.
I am the landlord, not an agent so you don't need to pay the agent. And the expected rent is RMB 4500 per month. 
If you are interested, please contact me. E-mail address: [email protected].   Cell phone 013808034232 Diane  or 13801997549 Mr. Mai(my husband)
Looking forward to your answer.
Diane

Hi Diane,
I saw your apt listed and I have a couple of questions if you don't mind.  First, if you're too busy for this it's alright.  I'm not a prospective renter of your property because I would only need a one bedroom.  I'm just now considering moving to Shangai and was just wondering what you think a one bedroom similar to your place might rent for.  I really would appreciate your response and good luck with renting your apartment. 

Jim Graves

Hi Jim,

It really depends which area you are looking for, Shanghai is divided into Pudong (East) and Puxi (West), Puxi being the older area and Pudong being the newer developed area. For example the 2 bedroom can be 4500 RMB per month at Pudong but a Studio at Puxi prime area rental can go at 6000 RMB per month.
For me, my office is at Puxi therefore I wanted to find the prime area within walking distance from my office so I'm willing to settle for a smaller space at a higher rental rate.
Another factor is when you will be relocating as the rental rate has escalated very quickly since a year ago, so it will be difficult to gauge say if you want to find out rental rate next year.
Hope it helps! And oh I am not local but some locals might not know the rental market, I keep myself updated as I was nervous being transferred by my co to shanghai, all alone asked my local clients for into too.. Good luck considering! :)