Marriage in France for foreigners

Did anyone get married in France before? We're both US citizens and would like to get married in France where one of our parent resides. I have a general idea of what we need to provide, but I'm looking for people who experienced it and can give us some advice. We both live in the US and will go there on vacation for 3 weeks next year, get married then go back home. So there's no desire to get french residence or citizenship.

Thanks!

Be prepared it's a nightmare! that's all I have to say.... be prepared

The first stop would be to check with the Mairie for your Parent's address to see if they would allow it.

FrenchAdminSolutions wrote:

The first stop would be to check with the Mairie for your Parent's address to see if they would allow it.

Done. They sent us a package, but as usual, there's not much information or instructions other than a list of papers. So I was hoping to find someone who actually went through this process.

Great start!! Last time I tried to help a client tie the knot the Mairie refused as his was only a second home...

Sorry not to be able to provide personal experience - we ran away and got hitched on a deserted beach elsewhere, the paperwork all seemed so crazy.

Good luck :)